Saturday, February 10, 2007

One sick toddler in the house......




Our sweet Alyssa (a.k.a. Lissy) came down with a nasty flu bug on Friday morning. Before going to bed on Thursday night, I checked in on the girls and noticed Lissy's breathing was shallow and didn't sound right. I woke her up around midnight and she had a 103 degree temperature and vomited as I was stripping her down.....the breathing difficulties freaked us out and we made our first trip to the E.R. After getting checked out, her lungs were clear and her oxygen saturation was 100%, so we were sent on our way back home! We were being a bit paranoid, but it is better to be safe than sorry and we are way too fearful of RSV in this house. We have quarantined sweet Lissy to the upstairs loft of the house to try and keep her from spreading the bug to our other two......not sure if we will be able to prevent it, but so far, no signs of sneezing, sniffling, achy head, fever or cough from the other two. In the meantime, Lissy is sucking up the individual attention and is enjoying most of her naps and nightime sleep on mom or dad's chest. Somehow, I think she figured out how to get the "princess" treatment before the other two did.

0 comments: