Since Monday was a holiday, I had an extra day to spend with the girls. This also means I have to come up with a way to entertain them so that I go back to work in one piece on Tuesday!
We spent the day out on the farm with Auntie Jodi and cousins Katie and Sophie. The "farm" is Jodi's parent's property and the girls had so much fun that I think they adopted John and Judy as their honorary grandparents. There is nothing like bringing their favorite Baby Einstein video, Baby MacDonald, to life by experiencing all the animals in person.
All I know is, that when Grandpa John and Grammie Judy are in the market for ranch-hands, I've got 3 little kiddos who will work for free!
Makena and Riley sit with their cousins on the tractor.
Auntie Jodi showed her true country colors and impressed us with her tractor-driving skills!
We all piled on the lift in the back of the tractor for a short trip around the farm. Panda, the dog, joined us also!
The girls meet the horses. In her hey-day, Auntie Jodi used to show the horses in competition.

The girls enjoyed feeding hay to the cows.
Grammie Judy found a tractor that was just Riley's size!
The highlight of the day was watching the girls in the chicken coop. The chickens could smell that there were toddlers in the area, so they hightailed it into their house before they lost any feathers.
Riley wasn't happy that the chickens went into hiding so she started banging on the walls of their house and stuck her head in the doorway trying to convince them to come out and play. After all, she had a handful of chicken feed!Auntie Jodi tried to be helpful and went into the chicken house from the other entrance. The poor rooster got spooked and flew out of the open door. The day ended with excitement as everyone tried to get the rooster back into the coop.
Here's a picture of Lissy just being cute. She wouldn't let go of the bucket used to gather the chicken eggs for most of the afternoon. She had to have something to carry all her "stuff" around in.
I love this picture! We were all watching the cows out in the field.
Lissy got dirtier on the ride home than she did all day on the farm thanks to eating a bag of chocolate animal crackers. The girls jumped right in the bath as soon as we got home.







14 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Your girls are just gorgeous.
Looks like a wonderful day out - such fun! Thanks for sharing.
JO
http://teensandtriplets.blogspot.com/
Oh fun! The kids would love something like that. Did the goat whisperer love all the animals as much as the goats from the pumpkin patch? And tell me about those glasses. Who wears them? All of the girls? How did you get them to keep them on and how did you get them to go to the eye dr and get checked out. Sis is almost for SURE in need of glasses but she is terrified of the eye dr. Its horrible.
They are so cute. I'd love to get them together w/my Jenna!
the girls are getting too big.. miss you guys.. hugs and kissess
auntie ly
Urg......my comment didn't make it on yesterday.....looks like so much fun. Reminds me of that show about the family of 8 including the twins and sextuplets going to a farm to get half a side of organic beef! :)
Hey Tammie,
Riley has the prescription for glasses and I am lucky if I get her to wear them for 45 minutes a day! All of the girls had follow up appointments with the Opthamologist once they were discharged from the NICU. Riley had some ROP issues in the NICU but they resolved and did not require surgery. But, she is nearsighted and has astigmatism in both eyes. The eye dr appts have not been traumatic at all like when they were in the NICU. They just dilate her eyes and then look at her retina with different lenses and can tell what her vision is. Pretty painless except for the sensitive eyes after dilation. It sounds like you have taken sister to have her eyes checked before or are you going by much earlier experiences?
Angie,
Too funny...yes, as I have confessed before, Jon & Kate is our favorite show and we saw that episode this week! I'm usually exhausted after watching:)
Yeah we have taken her three times in the last year. The first time they said she was really farsighted and would need glasses but that they dont give glasses to kids that young. So we went back recently and it was a total disaster. I am going to have to find a new office to see if they can just do the dialation and help the poor kid. She might as well sit on the TV she watches it so closely. Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it.
Gorgeous triplets and horses, all in one post?
I'm in love:)
Sorry, my comment was under a new account... A is actually me... Angel/DraMa.
That looks soooo fun!!!! I loved the pictures. I may have to show the quads.. though they never do well by the cumpter:).
Hey, Casey, I was wondering... where did you get that train for the girls?? I'd love to get one for my kids but haven't found it anywhere. It's a nice alternative to the quad stroller.. not to mention change of pace.
Thanks!
Gen :)
looks like the girls had a blast, plus it was free! i have a collector at home as well. my youngest collects anything and everything! i hope you have a great week!
I love these pictures!
I tagged you for a meme.
Post a Comment