Monday, March 3, 2008

2½ years...what's new

My babies are growing up. It seems like all of a sudden they have turned into little people with opinions and they now have the words to voice them! Everyday I look at the girls and think that they can't possibly get any cuter and my love for them can't possibly get any bigger, but they keep getting cuter and I love them more each day.
-------------------------------------------------
We are starting to wean you from your binkies and they now stay in your cribs. I'm hoping by your 3rd birthday, the binkies will be gone! You all enjoy "cooking" and each meal usually ends with you spitting your milk or water onto your plate and you pretend to cook whatever food is left. "My cooking" is what you will tell me. One of our regular weekend routines is going to Costco and then treating the girls to a Jamba Juice. What surprises us the most is how tall you are all getting. We forget that we need to push things way back from the edge of the counter so that your curious little hands don't find them.


Miss Makena

You took a brief vacation from your crib and slept with mommy for about 10 days, but you are now back in your crib. You are definitely mommy's girl and I love watching your little face light up when I come home from work everyday. You love to help mommy or daddy feed the cat and dogs and we often use that to our advantage when we need to distract you when you are upset. You love it when mommy gives you Eskimo kisses and butterfly kisses.


Miss Lissy-bear

You are such a character. Before bed, you pack up all your belongings and carry them up to your crib....my little baglady! You have started to call me "mom" and it makes you sound like such a big girl. Your sisters often call you "Sissy-bear" which makes me smile. You are a thoughtful little girl and will often bring things to us when you hear us ask for it. You'll try to wipe your sister's noses and are very concerned if someone gets hurt.


Miss Riley

You learned how to ride your tricycle using the peddles and you ride around the kitchen like a rockstar....so proud of yourself. You are talking so much and surprise me with some of the things you come up with. You love to look at the moon at night and yell "Coming out the moon." You ask for hugs and kisses repeatedly when I put you to bed at night. When I close the door to your room I can still hear you saying "hug--kiss" You have started to count which is usually in this order "1,2,3,4,6,5,7,8,9,10"

I can't wait to see how much you grow and change in the next 6 months!

14 comments:

latree said...

they all have great personalities. lovely...

Crystal said...

Adorable. I just cannot get over how precious your girls are.

Malena said...

Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girls!!!

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

So precious! They are all so alike and yet different. They're really forming their personalities.

Anonymous said...

Lissy is like her Auntie traveling all over the place. I should get her a black wheelie suitcase for her b-day...lol...Dad told me how Riley likes to imitate him. They even did crunches. I would have paid money to see that...Makena sounds like she got the stubborn screaming thing from Steve. Boy, could he scream when he was a kid...lol...

Shannon said...

I am blown away by two. I cannot imagine the overload my heart would feel with 3 different little princesses at once. I am melted by your description of each baby girl. I feel you for sure!!

My name is Tammie said...

Aww! Love their cuteness!! Such sweeties.

loren said...

I can never get past how completely adorable your babies are!!! Unlike you, with your whole team of built-in chefs, I only have one with an interest in cooking. The only thing she ever makes is birthday cake.

Kelly said...

The girls are gorgeous as ever. They are all truly one of a kind.

Melissa Dovel said...

What a precious priceless update! I know how you feel with all the cuteness and love growing going on:) Lots and LOTS to love! They are so beautiful and I love that your 3 like most family's im sure have such different personalities. It just makes life that much sweeter. What a perfect way to make a record of your precious love for your girls:)
Thanks for sharing with us.


Melissa

Claremont First Ward said...

I TOTALLY remember reading your post last year about them being 1 1/2. I've enjoyed every post since then, too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your family. They are just as sweet as can be.. not to mention BEAUTIFUL!

XOXO
Gen :)

ps: I love reading your blog for many reasons.. but the biggest one is how much YOU give me to look forward to. If I'm having a bad day I just stop by and feel like "this too shall pass." You've been there/done that.. it's nice to know your there. Thank you for blogging!!

Anonymous said...

pps: hey, i've been trying to go to tammie's blog... i keep needing a password? is it private? .. or am I a ding bat?