I found these bug catching kits in the $1.99 toy bin at Target and included them in the girl's Easter baskets. It comes with a pair of plastic tweezers, a plastic container with a lid, and a net. We haven't used them to catch any bugs, but the toys have been useful for playing with rocks and dirt. The girls have gotten lots of entertainment by filling up their nets and plastic containers with stuff in the backyard. Gotta love cheap entertainment!









13 comments:
Love the cheepie bins at Target!!! Lissy looks so pleased with her net full of rocks. LOL!
Hey, why is comment moderation back on? Did someone leave a rude comment again?!
I am off to Target to get our own bug catching kit. Evan tried to talk me into lifting him over your fense yesterday to "borrow" the girls bug catchers:).
gotta LOOOOOOOOVE target!! i ALWAYS walk into that place for one thing, and leave with about 10 things i didn't need! ;)
Love it. Are lizards as rampant where you live as they are in So CA? If so, that's what they need next Easter! :)
Love those! May have to check them out. Would make nice favors in Jacob's b-day party bags.
I've got to go find a couple of those! I bought the $1.00 wooden fishing sets at Target for H and E's baskets, and they were a major hit too. I bet your girls would like them!
Angie,
We have seen a couple of lizards in the yard, but nothing excessive...thank God! Our cat did catch a small lizard last year that somehow made it inside the house. YUCK! We do look for frogs inside the utility boxes in the front yards of our house and our neighbors on a regular basis though. But, we won't be having any as pets!
Billie,
Thanks for the heads up on the fishing sets. I haven't seen those but I KNOW my girls would love them:) I'll look next time I am there.
Thanks for the tip - I'm going to Target this weekend!!!
And as always...your girls are so beautiful! And like someone else said, they're really starting to look grown up, you know what I mean, they don't look like babies any more...so sweet!
Also, I wanted to comment on a previous post about your best friends, it was very touching. Made me wish I had friends like you and yours!
I am so going to Target!!!! I want to play with them too!
I AGREE! Its funny you never know whats going to get the attention and it sure does get me when we spend so much on a toy we are sure they are going to LOVE and it just sits:( Your girls are just so cute love all the pictures!
Thanks for the kind words:)
Melissa
Yay, love the bugs! I just saw that stuff at Target today as I picked up a pack of the $1 bugs for my 4yo. She loves buggies.
The girls look sooo cute in their quest
Why are the best things the cheapest. My mom got the girls a $3 bubble blower that is hours of fun.
Your girls are SO beautiful and getting so big.
Kimberly and the GA Guinn Trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com
Nothing beats a bug catching kit! That'll keep any 2 year old busy for days! Nice work Mama!
Post a Comment