Thursday, September 4, 2008

Photostory Friday and Fighting the Preschool Crankies

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


PHEW! This preschool business is exhausting. Thankfully, we're only doing it 2 days a week. Getting myself up and ready for work and then getting the girls up and ready for school has me sweating before we leave the house. When daddy is home in the mornings to help, things are SO much easier, but that isn't always possbile.

The girls seem to really enjoy preschool. They talk about their teacher all the time and I get random bits of info about their day that I try to piece together. When they came home today and started shouting "Duck, duck, goose" it was obvious that they must have played that game today, because we've never played it at home. Riley confirmed that they played it out on the grass.

And then when they started shouting out "Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Tersday, Monday, Weendsay" I figured that they must be paying attention during circle time when their teacher reviews the calendar and days of the week.

All the fun stuff comes out in between their crazy tantrums and crocodile tears because they are SO tired from their day.

I have been trying to figure out a new routine on preschool days to try and keep the crankies at bay after we get home.

Tonight, the new routine included naked scootering around the kitchen. It bought me at least 30 minutes of smiles and laughter!

40 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

No crashes??
Adorable - I can't imagine having 3 little girls all the same age!! Amazing and exhausting!!

tiarastantrums said...

Oh, to answer your question - the chocolate - oh dear, your girls will be dripping with chocolate drool they are so yummyy!!!!!! They literally melt in your mouth - they are soooo delicious!!!!

Chris said...

I think there is a Sainthood in the next life, for parents of triplets.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Whatever it takes!

The McNulty Family said...

I love you Casey! AWESOME waste of time!!! I used a bit of your wisdom tonight myself.. the kids spent an hour in the bath! I looked like a wet dog.. but they couldn't have been happier! LOL. I thought about you the whole time! Humm, what would Casey do??? What would we do without your creative ways of survival?!!! You are my hero mama! Keep on keeping on.. YOU ARE AMAZING!!

XOXO
Gen

scrappysue said...

whatever it takes for peace i say!

Malena said...

Awww! There is nothing like naked time at my house too...How cute are they on their scooters with their little naked butts!

loren said...

My kids are always naked... in fact it's hard for me to get pictures of them with clothes on.

Mandy said...

HILARIOUS!!!

Rachel said...

i bet it's adorable hearing them say the days of the week, and so smart that they remember!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Now THAT is truly priceless. Why do all Moms just want to take a bite out of the tushy?! Whenever my little guy roams around naked I want to take a nibble. My husband's never understood that :)

Jen said...

That is the CUTEST pic! I have twin step-daughters, they are 11 now. I don't know how you do it with 3...and still work!?!?

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

hahaha! naked scootering! what better way to entertain 3 3 year old girls :)

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

That is so funny! I will definitely keep this little idea in mind when the boys are older! Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

Naked scootering is the best! So funny! I, too, am adjusting getting everyone off to preschool.

Maybe we need to keep our scooters inside.

Claremont First Ward said...

Gotta love naked scootering.....Would have been hilarious if you made them wear their helmets in the house. :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Oops...published too soon.....so glad they love preschool!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Melissa

Cecily R said...

I agree with Chris. You deserve something in the afterlife...sainthood works.

And that picture? Holy crap, can they get any cuter??

And you should see the things my kids get away with in order for me to keep the peace...when they figure me out on that one I am in some deep trouble.

Jaime said...

Haha...too funny!

Heather said...

Oh my, Lilly used to have HUGE tantrums as soon as we hit the care from pre-school. She had been trying to be so good for her teachers, she had no energy left. I always tried to have a special treat ready for her. I motivate a lot with food!

Love the picture of the hineys!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Adorable! Such a great photo and boy are they having fun! Hopefully preschool days will get easier as the year goes on.

Sharon said...

Naked baby/little kid buts are the cutest thing in the world. Your girls are adoreable.

Shellie said...

There is nothing more relaxing than going naked and scootering too? What a great mom to let them unwind that way!

Carrie and Jim said...

That is just hillarious! There are no other words I can say.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ditto to what Chris said.

YOU ARE A SAINT.

*and I bow down*.

:)

leezee52 said...

Thanks so much for visiting me on my special day when I was the featured blogger at SITS…I could hardly sleep the night before I was so excited!

Lee :)

Jen said...

LOL! That is an awesome idea. I am going to have to remember that one.

latree said...

isn't cold? playing around naked like that?
oh I would have laughed too!

Susan said...

God Bless you! I don't know how you do it.
The naked scootering is hilarious. I would totally allow that if it gave me 30 minutes to cook or get things done. Hope the transition gets easier.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Ha! Naked triplets! Oh my.

And um...I totally did not realized you work! whoa. I bow down to you.

Jessica said...

Ahhh nakey scooter girls!! Love it!

Hilary said...

Too cute!!! Glad that they love school too..I feel hear you it's like running a marathon on school days! :)

Genny said...

That picture is hilarious! Glad school is going well.

Stacey said...

"tersday" hehehe that's too cute. do they have accents? does steve? i love the way filipinos pronounce things sometimes. i grew up in a city that was dominated by filipinos (or it seemed that way, at least) and i still never tire of hearing filipino accents.

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Hey...whatever works! :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Naked scootering around the house... oh that looks like a funny game! :D Good luck with the new routine

Jocasta said...

Great pic and great game!

Your girls are gorgeous!

Mozi Esme said...

What an adorable photo! So do you get any down time to make up for the madness when the girls are in school?

Shannon said...

OK, those tushies are to die for. I think I may have to let my little tushies naked scooter around my kitchen:) I hear you on the morning chaos. I still haven't found a routine that works. Let me know if you do!