Thursday, October 2, 2008

Photostory Friday and hair-tastrophe

Don't go feeling sorry for Alyssa when you see her sad face in this picture. She tangled up her hair all by herself. And she's only crying because she was in trouble.

She has found a way to entertain herself when she wakes up from her nap. Girlfriend twirls and twists her binky in her hair and knots it all up.


And despite the yanking and pulling that it takes me to get all the knots out, she still seems to think it's fun to do it all over again the very next day.

I can't decide....

Do you think she's going for this look?

Or this one?



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

41 comments:

Chris said...

I think she's blazing a trail all her own.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is way too cute! I love her style!! lol I think she is trying for the corn row look!! lol

Lindsay said...

Yet another good reason for a binki! LOL. That is cute....for me, that is. :-) Oh I can just HEAR the whining while you try to brush it out...

Cecily R said...

I did the same thing when I was younger...so much that I had some AWESOME bald spots. Tell her that, and maybe she'll think twice about her post nap activites. :)

Still, she's cute at the dickins...

Lacey in the Sky said...

hehehe, I think she looks amazing! I saw a little girl when I was out at dinner the other night who's hair looked MUCH worse than that... but the smile on her face b/c she had done her hair herself made it look SO GOOD! ;)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I definitely think she's going for dreads!

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh..that is so funny! Ah let's hope the other two don't catch on to this one!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That sure is stylish! I think she's going for a hippie look.

tiarastantrums said...

that is a lot of twisting!! OUCH!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! My sister used to do that and then scream as my mom or dad would "gently" try to get the knots out by spraying that no more tangles stuff and then brushing. Their frustration was evident and I remember wondering why she continued to do it when she knew it would result in that painful ritual.
Maybe Cecily's story will cure her!
Good luck!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh that is awful. I cannot believe that. It has got to be terrible to get out. The things kids do, it just amazes me.

Claremont First Ward said...

WOw. How does it not kill her to do that with the binky? My brush has a silicone handle and when it "grabs" my hair it kills.

What a fun surprise each day! :)

AutoSysGene said...

Bwhahah! You've got Princess Leia on your hands.

I can't believe how twisted her hair gets...how in the world do you pick that out?

My name is Tammie said...

Oh man! That is one heck of a knot for sure. Do you condition the heck out of her hair? Man. Not cool.

Melissa said...

Wow...how long does that take you to brush it out...? And how many bottles of detangler do you have to use?? :)
This reason (except without the binky) is why I had to cut my daughter's hair. Brushing the knots out was a nightmare with lots of screaming...arrgghh!!!

Kris said...

Ouch!

She looks so cute though even though she's teary eyed

Anonymous said...

Oh, she doesn't look very happy!

Anonymous said...

I laugh but at the same time I think about getting those twists out and eek. Poor girl and mom.

Jess NBP said...

OH No!! ouchie! poor girl.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I think the teenage years may be a bit 'interesting'. Seriously I just LOVE coming to your blog, and not only because your girls are beyond ADORABLE but you are so witty!

Rachel Dominguez said...

That is so hellarious!

Rachel

Jen said...

that is a very interesting talent that she has there. i bet that is not fun to undo.

Jaime said...

Haha...love the style options.

Ouch! Those are some tight knots. I can already hear my girls screaming at me trying to get those out!

Kelly said...

I have some hair-tastrophies to share of Ashley. I am going to steal that name for it BTW. I can't imagine...Sheesh!

Rachel said...

oh my goodness casey...and i thought the twins taking their diapers off during nap time and handing me poop when i come to get them out was bad. i'd have to say it's probably worse for the ewwww factor but it's probably a lot easier of a fix then getting those tangles out. alyssa you little turkey!!!

Mary Franks said...

LOL You would think the rubber from the binky would hurt while twisting her hair. I used to get round brushes stuck in my hair trying to "curl" it. LOL

Tracy said...

oh my - that would make me go slightly crazy. you seem to be handling it w/a sense of humor that I might have the first time. Have you noticed that most of my girls have SHORT hair - that's on purpose. lol
blessings.

Mandy said...

This is great post, funny as usual!

It reminds me of a habit my son had/has however he pulled his hair out, completely, and was bald from doing so! Nearly the entire back of his head. So anytime I see him twist his hair... Ahhh!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Holy Cow what IS she thinking? My brother once twisted a comb up in my mom's hair and it took me a very long time to get it out, she was sure it would have to be cut out!
Looks like she either going for the first picture on just plain making her own style! Good luck.... maybe you could tell her she's getting a hair cut if she keeps it up?!

~Denise~ said...

Now, that's creative. As much as I love Star Wars, I'm going with the dreads look.

That's got to be one stinkin' mess to work out.

Wendy said...

This is funny but not fun for you I would guess. I used to chew on my hair, drove my mom crazy..she was afraid of hair balls!! Creative post!

Jocasta said...

This must be driving you nuts! Would make me crazy untangling that often!

She is cute even when she is crying BTW!

Carrie and Jim said...

Ha! Too funny. Can't wait to read out things worked out over the weekend with that hairtastrophe.

Amanda said...

LOL! I feel sorry for her but at the same time, I can't stop laughing. She definitely is CUTE!

Ronnica said...

That's funny! I think that she is waiting for the day that you'll let her wear her hair like that in public...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week!

girlytwins said...

OMGoodness. That looks painful. Sometimes I don't understand how kids think :) That's definitely a great way to end a nap.

Cindy said...

Ohmygosh I laughed out loud with this one! she's so dang cute!

Live.Love.Eat said...

hah! funny..........

Anonymous said...

Ouch! My scalp is hurting just thinking about trying to comb that out. I can't even imagine how long it must take you to get that out.

The McNulty Family said...

omg. i love little lissy!!

miss you!
xoxo
gen

Shannon said...

Oh no! That is too funny. I feel for her. BEing the tender-headed gal that I am, I can see that brushing those beauties out is going to hurt!