Friday, October 17, 2008

Photostory Friday and The Pumpkin Patch

We made our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch last weekend and the girls managed to come home with 3 pumpkins each. Unfortunately, most of the small pumpkins have not survived the week after being dropped on the tile floor repeatedly. We had a great day and I just might take them back to the pumpkin patch for one more visit this year. We missed out on the tractor ride and I think they would love that!

There was so much to see and do. First up was climbing to the top of the haystacks.

And then 2/3 cooperated for a picture.

And then it was off to pick out a pumpkin.


It was a contest to see who could get their pumpkins into the wagon first. Riley is in the heavyweight class and managed to grab two pumpkins at once.

And then she found the perfect pumpkin.

Next, it was off to see the animals. The rabbits were glad they had a cage to hide in. Thirty fingers poking you at once can interrupt your nap.


Mr. Goat said hello to the girls.



The chickens got a visit also.

After all that walking, the girls hitched a ride with daddy in the wagon.

And our last stop of the day...."Another Fall, Another Foot."
Check out my post from last year to see how much the girls have grown.




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

54 comments:

Lacey in the Sky said...

Man, they are cute! Look at Riley- handling those pumkins like a woman! I LOVE it!

Jen said...

We are going to the pumpkin patch today. I am sure it should be fun.
Love the pictures great.

Mandy said...

What a fun day!

Kris said...

So cute!

Susan said...

Looks like so much fun was had!!!
I can't wait to take the kids next weekend. We are waiting for my mom to come so she can enjoy it with us.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that shot of Riley double fisting TWO pumpkings! Too cute!

tiarastantrums said...

Love pumpkin patch pictures!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

They have grown! And they are so cute!

Love the photos!

Aren't pumpkin patches a blast?! My trip would have been better had there not been like 1,000 people there that weekend!

Cecily R said...

Look at all that cuteness times three!!

And holy cow, look at how much they've grown!!! What a great growth chart that makes!!

Heather said...

They're SO cute!! It looks like it was a very fun day.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Yeah! I love going to the PP and it's so much fun!! The girls look super excited (and adorable)! I like the picture with the pumpkins spread out all over! LOL! Makes it's a lot easier than having to pick them from the prickly vine.

Fantastic PSF!

Please VISIT My PSF. Thank You!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow, it really looks like the girls had so much fun! i love the pictures and i cannot believe how much they have grown since last year!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of determination on Riley's face..

I also love seeing how much they have grown since last year..

What a fun pumpkin patch..

Carrie and Jim said...

Looks like some really fun times. I think a trip to the pumpin patch is a necessary event with children. You are making wonderful memories!

Malena said...

I love the Goat at the end, that's a great idea, I bet parents come back just for that! I know I would.
I love their pink, red & purple hoodies. Cute!

Cayle said...

omg.
they have gotten so big so fast.
i love the picture of Riley and Makena they look alike xD but there so opposite its cute and then lissy is in the middle xD

Melissa said...

Oh how fun!! And your girls are too cute!! I can't wait to take my kids to the pumpkin patch...although your weather looks much better for that, than my hot FLA weather!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Ah, what a perfect fall day! I just ADORE your girls so much!

Wendy said...

Great post on a wonderful family tradition!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Another Fall another foot...is RIGHT!

I LOVE pumpkin pictures and I don't even have one myself yet this year...JEA-lous.

Jaysi said...

Holy Pumpkins, that looks like a great day!!

My name is Tammie said...

So so so cute! Little punkin's in the pumpkin patch. I have to ask, is Lissy shorter than her sisters? I never noticed that before.

CHELZERS said...

CUTE!! I want to take the girls to a PP this year. What one is that? It looks sooo fun! If you could email me or post a comment on my blog that would be awesome! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow the difference a year makes. They look like they had a blast. :) Great pictures.

Rachel said...

they are just so stinkin' cute! i can so imagine the pumpkins hitting the floor that would so happen at our house...over and over and over again! hopefully we will make it to the patch to get our pumpkins this weekend!

Michelle said...

I miss trips to the pumpkin patch! Cure pictures!

Hannah said...

Awww those little girls are adorable!!

I've NEVER been to a pumpkin patch and you guys with your pumpkin-patch-pictures are making me so jealous!

Love in the Afternoon

Jaime Ann said...

love the pic with dad pulling them...that is timeless!

Abby said...

What a beautiful bunch of girls!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog yesterday :-)

Looks like the kids had a bunch of fun !! Great pics.

My two youngest were twins. Multiples are a real belessing, once you survive the first couple of months!!!

Chris said...

I love kids in the pumpkin patch! That hay bale climb is a cool shot!

Kelsey said...

baby pumpkins! I want one!

Love the way Riley has two pumpkins, go get em girl!

Joyce said...

It looks like the girls had a wonderful time! Great photos!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Awwwwwwww I so need to find a pumpkin patch somewhere. Not sure if they have one in my neck of the woods. This looks like it was SO much fun! Those are fantastic photos!

~melody~

WheresMyAngels said...

They are too cute! I love last years photo's also.

I need to find a nice pumpkin patch that doesn't take 2 hours to get too.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Very cute pictures I love the one where she's holding 2 and sis in the back is cradling her choice! Your girls are so cute. The height chart is a great idea.

Jessica said...

Ah you got some great pics. I couldn't find the growth chart..I thought they got rid of it. Guess we'll have to go again..Wanna come??

Ann said...

What a great event, we don't have anything like this here :(
Your girls are gorgeous!

The Microblogologist said...

That reminds me of two pictures I have of my godson. I was putting pictures of him in a collage frame and as I was lining them up I noticed the time stamps on the backs, 7/30/05 and 7/31/06. The first is a picture of him in an incubator about 17 days old (he is a 28 weeker), the second he is sitting up in his mommy's lap at my niece's birthday party the picture of health. Simply amazing how much difference a year makes, especially at that age.

Such a cool tradition, love that growth chart. They are too cute with their pumpkins!

Karen

SuZ said...

What a perfect day!!

Alicia said...

Sooo cute!!

I tagged you on my blog, if you want to play, please go check it out!

Alicia
http://c-a-morris.blogspot.com/

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Looks like the girls really njoyed their day! Your pumpkin patch looks alot like our pumpkinland (I just did a post about our trip). The girls have definitely grown alot.....wow! Anyway, great pics, I'm glad you enjoyed your day! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin patches! Yours looks delightful! Those girls are SO cute : ).

Margaret said...

Your girls are so cute. It looks like they had lots of fun.

Pam said...

I just love these pictures and yes, they have really grown...tall! Precious memories! Thanks for sharing. A friend in East Texas, Pam.

Shannon said...

I love it! So adorable.

girlytwins said...

How cool is that another year another foot? I would so love one of those at our pumpkin patch. We are planning our trip next weekend.

Your girls are so cute. They look like they had so much fun. I am happy to hear there was no goat poop issues this year :)

Natalia said...

Way too cute!

Dana said...

aww that is cute. What a muscle that Riley is. It looks like a beautiful day to spend at the patch.

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful Fall tradtion!

Great pictures!

Jaime said...

Way cute! Gotta love the pumpkin patch!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I'm loving these pumpkin patch posts! Looks like a great time.

loren said...

We musta been on the same pumpkin wavelength this weekend! I never thought to throw the girls in the wagon, though... good idea :)

Kim said...

What a super fun day! The girls look like they had a blast. We haven't gone yet since DH has been sick. I hope we get a chance to go it's such a good time.