Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wordful Wednesday--Alyssa

Alyssa...my sweet Lissy Bear.

She loves to carry around "stuff" and her choice of collectibles is always changing but she feels more secure in life if she has a purse full of something. I can't blame the girl...growing up as a multiple, she has learned that someone always wants what you've got even when there is plenty of it to go around.

Lissy loves to help with chores and she wins the award for "Most likely to clean up her toys." She likes to practice her mothering skills by repeating things she hears me say....most of the time she is trying to send her sisters to time out.

Although she has quite a stubborn streak, she is very loving and enjoys smothering us with hugs and kisses. At school, she is the first one to run up to her teacher and give her a hug and kiss, whether she is saying hello in the morning or goodbye at the end of the day. Alyssa is very thoughtful and if she hears that someone needs something, she'll find it and bring it to you. She has a smile that can light up a room and a talent for bringing on crocodile tears in the blink of an eye that will break your heart.


I feel so blessed to have my three girls. All unique but bonded by their sisterhood.

Related posts:

Wordful Wednesday--Riley

Wordful Wednesday--Makena



Hosted by Angie

at

32 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

it's so fun to watch their little personalities grow as they get older.

so much fun.

Lacey in the Sky said...

I love to have a purse full of something just like Alyssa! MONEY! Hehe, unfortunately it's usually change :/

She's so cute :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Beautiful!!!!!
Happy WW. Your girls are beautiful and as much as you hear that a gamillion times it doesn't get old right? :)

Jen said...

For me, with a house full of boys, it is nice to have one girl. Claire and Alyssa have some of the same traits. It seems to be a little girl thing b/c Claire is totally the mother around here.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed meeting each of your daughters through these post.. They are all beautiful.

I too, have a stubborn streak and like to carry things around.. : )

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love that each of your girls got their own wordless wednesday post...it is so sweet. i may have to borrow that idea from you. i love that alyssa totes around a purse full of stuff, lydia used to do the same thing!!!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oh, i love that this is just about one of the girls...and she is so precious. it's nice to meet them all seperate too. i actually thought she resembles oneof the gosselin 6 in the first pic form jon and kate plus 8. super funny.

Mandy said...

It's so fun getting to know your girls.

Melanie Dickens said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Pam said...

What a cutie and sounds like such a sweetie! Thank you for sharing them and letting us learn through words how wonderful they are! Enjoy and love every minute! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

Claremont First Ward said...

I love these spotlights that you've done on the girls. I've truly enjoyed every one so much. Lissy is just so sweet. I could eat them all up, but there's just something about Alyssa's sweet spirit that always touches me.

loren said...

Sometimes when you write about Alyssa, I swear you're writing about my Emma. The tears, the collecting of stuff (and definitely the scolding of sisters).

Being a triplet has taught our kids to be scrappy, I guess!

Shannon said...

Oh she is so very beautiful and obviously sweet to boot! Percious.

Erin said...

Hello!
Found you through another site!
Your girls are beautiful! I LOVE the ballet pics!!

Jessica said...

Ahh I am teary..How totally unusual, right! Beautifully written and a great description of the girls!!! I love the grils (as Evan would say).

Jaime Ann said...

Wonderful writing!!!! I love to read your blog. Ahhhh, and I have a stubborn one too. Of course, it is my little girl.

debi9kids said...

What a little sweetie! LOVE that she's a little mommy to her sisters :)

tiarastantrums said...

adorable - so sweet - I hope these are scrap pages as well!!

My baby girl has to have pockies (pockets) to put her stuff in!!

Michelle said...

She is so darn cute it makes you just want to eat her up. :) A girl who likes to clean up is a girl after my own heart. :)

Cecily R said...

Oh, I love to hear about your girls and their differences and similarities!

My sister was a major collector too...she always had her favorite purse stuffed with little things. And now she's the cleanest person I know (who has five kids under 8 anyway). :)

Aubrey said...

That was such a great WW! What a doll!!

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

I love how you acknowledge each of their unique gifts. That is so important. This was a very nice WW to read!

Honey Mommy said...

What a sweetheart!

I just love the name Alyssa. Maybe if I ever get a girl then we can use that name.

Heather said...

She is adorable. Such a little fashonista in her sunglasses!

Heather said...

She is beautiful!!

Susan said...

So sweet! I am sure the girls will enjoy these solo pieces about them when they are a little older. They may be triplets, but they certainly have a lot of individuality!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Beautiful, smart and sweet. Your girls have it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's so cute! Hey, every girl likes a cute bag full of stuff to carry around :) I found you on SITS.

My name is Tammie said...

Ohhhh I think she is soooo cute. She just melts my heart every time I see a picture of her. Little love.

SuZ said...

Your children are beautiful!!!

Kelly said...

:o) So sweet.

The McNulty Family said...

Lissy and Libby are the SAME person. I LOVE it so much! It cracks me up.

XOXO
Gen