Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wordful Wednesday--Riley

Miss Riley melts my heart on a daily basis. Two of her favorite phrases that we hear many times a day are "I love you" and "I love you SO much." Riley has always been our little clown who enjoys acting silly and making people laugh. She also enjoys getting her sisters riled up and will find ways to irritate them while thinking she is the funniest thing in town.

Riley has been our fiesty girl from the start. In the NICU, she was always the smallest, but the first to do everything. She pulled out her own ventilator tube when she was almost a month old and fought to breathe on her own from that point on. She continues to be a determined little girl to this day. If she wants something, she'll find a way to get it.

She is very good at expressing herself and uses new words and phrases often. Just recently she asked for more food at dinner time and when I walked over to give her more she said, "I must be hungry!"

She also loves to pretend she is talking on the phone while saying, "Hi, I'm Casey!"

And just to show you how spunky my little Ri-Ri is, I included a picture of her practicing karate kicks on some innocent bubbles.



Hosted by Angie

at

22 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the karate kicks on the bubbles...she got them good!!! And she is too cute...you are blessed!!

Kim said...

What a sweetie! Great kicks too!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

haha, karate kicks on bubbles...love it!

girlytwins said...

Watch out bubbles! What a sweetpea Riley is. I just love the 'I love you's'. There is truly nothing sweeter to hear.

Jaime Ann said...

What a cutie pie! My Seth is our little clown...it seems there always has to be at least one in the bunch.

Jen said...

I am so glad that she is teaching those bubbles a lesson, bubbles can be scary.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I don't wanna mess with her :)

Carrie and Jim said...

Bubbles are always fun. I always enjoy the post that honor a particular child. Very nice and she does have some nice moves.

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! Thos bubbles didn't stand a chance. Your litte Riley is a doll!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll! Bet those bubbles never saw her coming lol.

Shannon said...

Absolutely precious!

Jessica said...

Love the karate kick. She always makes me laugh! She is such a joy to be around:)

Mandy said...

She sounds like a sweetie!

Wendy said...

My wordful advice is to keep posting these gems she is saying or write them down every time. I didn't write them down when mine were younger and I know they kept me in stitches with the things they would say. Blogging about it is definitely the most updated way to do it and then it is in cyberspace forever!

Laura said...

I am really enjoying reading about each of your girls and what makes them unique. What a cutie Riley is!

My name is Tammie said...

What great pictures!!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I like this, a little profile on an individual triplet...helps us get to know them better! (you probably do this all the time but I'm new around here, lol)
My son (who is now 15) used to say "I love you all your heart". He somehow took my phrase of "I love you with all my heart" and changed it to that. It was so endearing and sweet! What I wouldn't give to hear that again, in that sweet little voice. :*)

Jaime said...

What a little sweetheart! The "I love yous" are the best! That can always make me smile:)

Anonymous said...

You should enroll Rylee in Karate! She would be awesome!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Your girls are so cute! Love the karate kicking little gal!

The Microblogologist said...

Awww, she is so sweet =3.

Honey Mommy said...

That is adorable! I love it when my little boy tells me that he loves me SO much. I just about melt into a puddle!