So it turns out that we were only patch free for less than 2 weeks. Alyssa got the all clear, but Riley must now endure the eye patching experience. We had her yearly eye exam yesterday and found out that the vision in her right eye is not as strong as her left eye even with glasses. And getting her to wear her glasses is a whole other story.
This go around with eye patching is not going to be as easy as it was with Alyssa. Riley wore her patch for about 2 minutes this morning before ripping it off her eye. It doesn't help that she is not a morning person...atleast Monday through Friday. I didn't fight her about it this morning and we tried again tonight. She kept it on for 30 minutes. Hooray for small victories. We are supposed to build up to her wearing the patch for 4 freaking hours. The dr. says that patching is only therapeutic after 2 hours.
So I've got my work cut out for me. My feisty Riley will challenge me every step of the way. She has enjoyed challenging people from the get go. When she was 20 days old in the NICU, weighing less than 2 pounds, she pulled her ventilator tube out and made it clear she didn't want it back down her throat.
I better keep my bribing pants on....she worked for a fortune cookie tonight.
For More Wordful Wednesday








13 comments:
You definitely got your work cut out for you there!! My kids would be doing the same thing.
Good luck with that about 15 yrs ago we did that with my son for about 5 months on an off and it did him no good. He still has glasses today and his eyes are even worse.
torture for sure but if you make fun games out of it for the whole family she won't mind. HUGs it's hard
She looks adorable! Good luck!
Oh Casey good luck, they clearly have their own personalities and wills at this point. The trick is to find the carrot that you can dangle that she will work for. Mine were always very visual and earned stars for the behavior or action wanted. Stars would be redeemed to something tangible (pre-determined)
Maybe if she decorated her own patches she would wear them??
Good luck to you!
Good luck w/ Riley and the patch!
www.tamara-camera.blogspot.com
I thought I had my hands full with the feisty Princess Nagger - good luck with your challenge, bribery always seems to work here. ;) Tell her that her patch is super cute and Princess Nagger would probably want to wear one because it's cute - and so she can pretend she's a pirate. ;)
WW: Earth Day and Dinosaurs
We too saw the ophtho yesterday and our little miss will also be patched. We started yesterday afternoon. He wants to patch her 6 hours a day. She's 24 months and very feisty- god help us! Good luck to you too!
Hope her patch stay more hours on her eye. Good luck.
Ah....darn the old eye patch. I have to say, I think that would drive me crazy too! I hate when I have to wear my glasses for a day instead of my contacts. Poor girlie!
oo boy.. you got your hands full now! Hopefully she gives in quickly or likes the bribes you have ;-)
Hey checking out some new blogs! Wanted to let you know about mine, Mom State of Mind, come on over and visit. Do you like giveaways? Come enter mine!
Let the bribing begin..like I said another jewel for your crown. She does look very cute with her red heart eye patch:).
Oh no, good luck!! My Charlotte is my stubborn girl. I can only imagine if we had to do this. On the positive side, she sure does look cute in it :)
Post a Comment