Another milestone has come and gone in our house. The girls graduated from preschool last Friday. It was an exciting day for them and a little hard to believe for their mama. The last two years have flown by. They started out going to preschool two days a week for the first year and a half, but started going five days a week this past December. They have shown so much growth in the last six months. They learned so many school readiness skills that I couldn't have taught them at home and thoroughly enjoyed all of the classroom activities that they were exposed to. Paying for preschool has been a tremendous sacrifice, but has been worth every penny.
I had to search through the picture archives to find the 1st day of preschool pictures that I had taken. The girls still have the "baby look" in their little faces! They were newly potty-trained and experienced quite a few potty accidents when they first started going to preschool. I also vividly remember having to chase the girls out of the preschool building because they would all bolt in different directions on the way to the car. FUN TIMES! I don't miss that part of the preschool experience. They quickly learned to hold hands and stay right next to me on the way to the car.


My 3 year-old "Penguins" with their first teacher, Tami. She is such a loving person who really cared for the girls and helped them adjust to their new school routine.
The girls on the first day of their 2nd year in preschool. They were now in the 4 year-old "Dolphin" class and loved to remind me how they were too old to be in the "Penguin" class now.Their graduation ceremony was very cute. They sang quite a few of their favorite songs and braved the unseasonably windy June weather. Their teachers set up carnival games for them to play after the ceremony.
The girls with Teacher Mary and Teacher Stefanie. The woman in red was a representative from our local Congressman's office who helped hand out the diplomas for the kids.
My happy graduates!From L to R:
Alyssa, Riley, and Makena
Daddy with his girls!
The girls with Teacher Diana. She has helped in the girls classes both years and has a true talent for working with kids. She has the patience of a saint!
The girls with Teacher Stefanie. She has made this second year of preschool tons of fun for the girls. We will be seeing Stefanie again in July when the girls return for swimming lessons with her.
We are looking forward to relaxing over the summer and spending lots of time with our friends. It's time for our summertime playdates!
For More Wordful Wednesday
Visit Angie at









18 comments:
Amen sista!! Your pals are counting down the days until we can have lots of fun together. I remember their first day and seriously how was that two years ago? They are growing up;).
aww I love your post full of sweet cute faces!!!
Congratulations to your little graduates. How exciting for you all!
Best wishes,
Natasha.
Look at your sweet, sweet girls. Congrats on their graduation.
Time flies huh??????
Congrats to your adorable little graduates! Sounds like they had some awesome teachers - now let the summertime fun begin! ;)
WW: The Games We Play
They all so proud (and pretty) with their diplomas. What a fun day.
Oh how they have grown - so sweet and so proud of themselves. Kindergarten is a huge milestone - congratulations to you all! Their smiling faces make me smile.
Wow, look how much they've grown! It's fun to look back and see. Kindergarten here they come!! :)
I can't believe how much they've changed.
I can't believe that they are going to kindergarten.
I can't believe MY girls are growing up. :)
I'm curious, when did your girls get their ears pierced?
oo my goodness I can't believe they have graduated from preschool! How crazy is it to see the class of 2023!
Sweet post and the girls are so cute!!
Too cute...growing up so fast :)
Anon,
The girls got their ears pierced about a year and a half ago. They were a little over three years old.
Wow, doesn't it sound crazy to say the class of 2023? It will be here before you know it.
Such cuties...enjoy your summer.
That is so awesome! I bet the teachers just love them!!!!
How exciting for them to be in Kindy this year!
OMGOSH! Amazing how much they have grown in just 2 years!
This was such a sweet post and honestly pulled my heartstrings a bit. (Emma & Will are just a year behind your girls....)
Post a Comment