Wednesday, May 30, 2007

God made dirt & dirt don't hurt!

For some reason, the girls love to go hunting for food on the floor and in the seat of their highchairs after they have eaten. Does it taste better off of the floor than it does the first time I serve it on their tray? It takes me a few minutes to take the girls out of their chairs one by one and get them cleaned up and by the time that is over, someone has already managed to crawl beneath the chairs and find some scraps...totally gross if you ask me. So, we have our own version of the family dog (times 3) to clean up the floor! Here are a couple pictures of Alyssa in action. I was starting to think the girls had some weird Quilao genetic mutation, but my girlfriends who have kids have assured me that their kids do it too! Does anyone else's kiddos do this or are we just weird out here in California?







4 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

My little "doggies" do this too. I don't remember my singeltons ever doing this though. With my boys, as soon as I've wiped the trays off and have wiped the food from the seat into the floor to clean up, they rush over to see if there's anything exciting that they threw over or in the seat and invariably eat something they've rummaged from the floor.

OK, I have to ask: do you get SO tired of cleaning up the high chairs after each meal? For some reason this is one of the things that never seems to end with more than one.

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

my girls do it too!! i must say that i also do not remember my singletons doing it either, but my twins do after every meal. i don't mind it at home as i try to keep the floors fairly clean, but they try to do it everywhere else as well. it's a habit we are now trying diligently to break :)

Casey's trio said...

Angie & Stacy,
Glad to hear we aren't the only ones! Cleaning up the highchairs does feel like a neverending task, as does sweeping/vacuuming the floor daily to try and pick up all the food that gets on the floor! I think the floor could be mopped everyday if I had the energy. I am now trying to teach the girls to hand me the food they don't want instead of throwing it on the floor when they are through:)

Suzanne said...

gosh, how funny! see, these are things i would never, ever think about! your blog is like a training book for me! LOVE it!