We had a good afternoon. Played outside in the near 80 degree weather and then the girls had a bath (they LOVE bath time). Alyssa and Riley went down for a second nap around 2:45....I was desperately hoping Makena would sleep too because I needed a nap, but the three hour nap she took in the morning was all she needed.
Until about 4:30 p.m. rolled around.
This is when the little bit of crazy kicked in. Lately, the girls have become very possessive of me and get very upset if I try and hold two of them at once. The girls try to push each other off of my lap. This is in between crying and screaming fits where both-- or all three--yell "Hold you mama" and look at me with crocodile tears running down their faces.
Which makes me try to hold all of them at once--which pisses them off--and they get a little bit crazier.
I had no other choice but to throw them in the wagon and take them for a walk.
I thought about taping a FOR SALE sign to the back of the wagon. I did offer a couple down the street to exchange the girls for their cute little terrier dog. Lucky for the girls, the couple had their hands full with the dog!
Today was a far cry from last Sunday.







12 comments:
The pictures are priceless. Were the girls asleep on the kitchen floor? And the picture of Riley(or is it Makena) and lissy screaming in the wagon is pure comedy. My boys HATE it when the are tired and I try to hold them together too. I can't imagine 3 babies crying because no one is getting exactly what they want. You amaze me! :)
Ohhhh Those poor girls! And poor mommy! Ugh, day light savings time sure does make for a kinda nuts day doesnt it. The one of Lissy and Makena (?) crying had me laugh out loud, poor girls.
Have you tried E-Bay? I promised to E-Bay Sister yesterday.
E-bay DID cross my mind a few times yesterday! Lissy and Riley are my pathetic looking girls in the wagon. I forgot to include what it's like trying to make dinner with crying girls who just want to be held...I almost lost my mind.
Angie...the girls weren't asleep on the floor, but they were THAT tired that they just kept laying down everywhere:)
I can relate to this post because it looks to familar. Especially the lay on the floor and throw a screaming fit part. My girls also say "Hold you" all the time. We have to work at a system when I am holding them both or they will hurt each other out of jealously. With three, that would be almost impossible. I hope today is better. After my day last week we spent the next day at the gym, and in the stroller. It went a lot better that way. Being home all day is not always a good thing for us. My girls do better out and about at times.
I know! Parents with multiples should be excused from chainging their clocks. It really sucks! And it messed up what we've been working so hard towards, sleeping late in the mornings :(
Thanks for the well wishes! I see you had yours about 25 weeks. Was everything great from the get-go, or did you have any setbacks? You can email me at chrissyclauser@yahoo.com if you don't want to post it all on the blog. they just told me 28 is such a big milestone, but I like to hear/see success stories before 28 weeks too, just in case :)
Thanks!Chrissy
OHHHH I SOOOO FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!! The pictures say it all! My kids are STILL CRAZY from turning the clocks back and I am so sick of the 5 am wake up call!!!! Our schedule is SOOO OFF!!!! It makes for a SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY LONG DAY with multiples!!! I've actually thought about putting them to bed an hour early for good... but then I realize... that means we have to get up at a GOD-AWEFUL hour! I just hope that they stop falling asleep in the high chairs in the next couple of days... URRRGH!!!
XOX
Gen and the Quads
mcnulty.blogspot.com
Aw, poor babies. Sounds (and looks) like they had a very rough day
And poor you, too
really, a dog can really keep your hands full----you are much better off with triplets than a dog, as i am sure the dog owners will attest. (hahahahahaha!!)
I love the picture in the choo-choo wagon. HILARIOUS. I can just hear them...!!!
Post a Comment