I really do try and feed my husband home cooked meals. Granted, it isn't every night but I do my best. The funny thing is that most of the time he will choose to eat Top Ramen noodles. Or when he is really looking for fun on a Saturday night, he'll throw in a Hungry Man dinner with a Mrs. Smith's frozen apple pie for dessert.
And just for the record, there was homemade chicken pot pie in the fridge that he passed up for the high sodium, processed food delights pictured below!

Now the other food issue looming in the air for my husband is his annual "what am I going to give up eating for the year" debate. It isn't really a resolution because he just challenges himself for fun. In the past he has given up caffeine and fast food. Don't fool yourself if you think he was doing it to get healthier. I think he gave up fast food and then starting chewing tobacco in the same year, so healthy isn't the reasoning. Last year he gave up hot dogs! So this year, he is trying to decide if he is going to give up red meat, cheese or pizza. If he gave up cheese, that would automatically rule out pizza. These are the kinds of conversations we have. Aren't we fun. And intellectual.
It's looking like he is going to give up red meat. We had hamburgers for dinner tonight and he has steaks in the refrigerator for dinner tomorrow. He is also planning on going to the store in the morning to buy an extra steak so he can have steak and eggs for breakfast. Nothing like making youself sick on red meat before giving it up.
His last red meat dinner for a year?!?!







4 comments:
Giving up red meat would make it a lot harder to make meals for me. It would make making dinner impossible here. I don't eat a lot of red meat actually I do not like steak or many things with red meat but the little I do would be hard to give up. Interesting goals.
We couldn't do the no red meat here, either. If I gave up something, I'd make sure it's something I could care less about.....like cup of noodles. :) I'm glad to hear that Jeff and I aren't the only couple having intellectual conversations like yours!
Totally giving up red meat would be the easies thing for me, as I eat next to none of it. For my husband however, he'd never be able to do it. Or Ramen noodles for that matter. Loves those nasty things.
Do you have any resolutions?
Gotta give him credit...I don't think I could give up ANYTHING I really like for an entire year. I'm already planning cheat days for my new diet... ;0) Good luck to the hubby.
Post a Comment