Every child goes through acting as though they were never trained. Just keep going through your motions of what ever your routine is- they WILL get it:) kids train at different ages and they will do it effortlessly when its their time (my opinion).
You might want to consider getting a seat cover for the regular toilet, it worked for my niece. She is trained to put her potty seat on the big potty, get onto it, go, and then take her seat off (usually). We didn't get her a stool since she is a climber and would use it for getting into things instead of getting onto the potty and was very capable of getting up on the potty without it. Bonus, you don't have to clean out a potty chair every time they have a success, and I think being able to flush the toilet was somewhat of a reward for my niece. Besides, potty chairs were for teddy bears to go potty on, not toddlers.
Funniest potty training story ever (for my niece). Someone got her potty training Elmo which came with a little tiny potty chair. She had the potty chair in the bathroom and one day I let her come into the bathroom when I had to go since we were attempting the teach by example thing (which did not seem to work for her). I suggested she might want to go potty after me but she decided she would rather squat fully clothed over the Elmo potty seat and pretend to go while I went. Not quite what I had in mind but quite clever and hilarious =)!
Look at how creative they are!!! My kiddos like to "play" with their potty chairs too. It's rather funny what they can think to do with them... Hang in there, one day soon.
Hummm. Now, what if that was your actual toilet? We had to call the plumber out to fish toothbrushes out of our's when the kids "cooked" in it. Loving this potty training thing. Aren't you?
That is SO CUTE!! My girls are doing that same thing right now. (Not the leggos but playing with instead of going in the potty. If you figure it out PLEASE let me know. I am stumped.
I have heard every suggestion out there but I am begining to think I have the world's most stuborn 2 yr olds! LOL!
8 comments:
oh baby, they haven't really got it, have they...?
they'll soon...
Every child goes through acting as though they were never trained. Just keep going through your motions of what ever your routine is- they WILL get it:) kids train at different ages and they will do it effortlessly when its their time (my opinion).
Heehee!
Kristin was watching the video with me and when you said "What are you doing?" she answered, "She's makin' soup!"
Not a soup I'D like to eat :)
You might want to consider getting a seat cover for the regular toilet, it worked for my niece. She is trained to put her potty seat on the big potty, get onto it, go, and then take her seat off (usually). We didn't get her a stool since she is a climber and would use it for getting into things instead of getting onto the potty and was very capable of getting up on the potty without it. Bonus, you don't have to clean out a potty chair every time they have a success, and I think being able to flush the toilet was somewhat of a reward for my niece. Besides, potty chairs were for teddy bears to go potty on, not toddlers.
Funniest potty training story ever (for my niece). Someone got her potty training Elmo which came with a little tiny potty chair. She had the potty chair in the bathroom and one day I let her come into the bathroom when I had to go since we were attempting the teach by example thing (which did not seem to work for her). I suggested she might want to go potty after me but she decided she would rather squat fully clothed over the Elmo potty seat and pretend to go while I went. Not quite what I had in mind but quite clever and hilarious =)!
At least your girls have some kind of interest in the potty!
Look at how creative they are!!! My kiddos like to "play" with their potty chairs too. It's rather funny what they can think to do with them... Hang in there, one day soon.
Hummm. Now, what if that was your actual toilet? We had to call the plumber out to fish toothbrushes out of our's when the kids "cooked" in it. Loving this potty training thing. Aren't you?
That is SO CUTE!! My girls are doing that same thing right now. (Not the leggos but playing with instead of going in the potty. If you figure it out PLEASE let me know. I am stumped.
I have heard every suggestion out there but I am begining to think I have the world's most stuborn 2 yr olds! LOL!
Post a Comment