Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday randoms

Today was another sunny day. Hot for April...close to 90 degrees. It felt like it was the middle of summer. So, what do we do when it's hot and I haven't bought the girls a kiddie-pool yet for the summer? We go over to my brother's house and dunk the girls in the drink cooler. My 3 girls and my niece fit inside and could barely move around, but they played in there like it was the best thing ever!





Later, we went over to the house next door because all the big kids wanted to go swimming in a real pool and since the water had finally reached 70 degrees, they thought it was warm enough to go swimming. My girls waded on the 6 by 8 foot step that is built-in on the shallow end of the pool. It was perfect for them. Until my daredevil Makena, decided she wanted to skip right into the pool and launched herself off the step. Thankfully, I was 2 steps behind her and grabbed her before she got too far, but she managed to dunk herself all they way under! She was ready to jump right back in too. Crazy girl.

The girls are talking so much and really showing their independence. They want to climb into their car seats and highchairs, which seems to test my patience on a daily basis when we have somewhere to go. They have opinions about what they wear and it cracks me up. Riley wanted to wear a certain pair of shoes the other day, so she said the shoes we had for her were too small and she wanted the pink ones. They tell on each other all the time now. Sissy pushed me, sissy took my toy, sissy pull hair....it's funny and even helpful now, but I can see what the next few years will bring. DRAMA!

The girls love to pretend they are cooking. Favorites on their menu are "roni-roni" (macaroni), a "cracker sandwich" and "dinner soup."

I was trying a dress on Riley recently and I told her she looked pretty. She looked at me and said, "like mama." My heart melted!

Alyssa is scared to use the potty after she accidentally pooped on it the other day. She hasn't sat on it since.

We have a check-up with the pediatrician on Friday. Can't wait to get current weights and heights and see how they are doing on the growth curve.

I can't believe how often I have to go to Costco. We go through milk and cheese like crazy.

That's all for my random Sunday thoughts. I'm off to bed.

Hugs!

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute! Love all the little stories about the girls!

latree said...

wow that's a fresh fun!
weather is getting warmer too here. rain doesn't fall everyday no more.
have great days!

Cecily R said...

Love the randoms!! I am seriously so jealous about your weather!! It's finally starting to get warmer, but warmer here is 55 or 60!!!!!

Great pictures, as always!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Casey,
How did you do your signature at the end of your posts?

Can't wait to hear the latest stats on the girls, and I'm REALLY looking foward to the girl madness that you can see coming. The girls are just.so.cute.all. the. time.

Shannon said...

Sounds just like my house! My girls have opinions on just about everything and they always call each other sissy too. I wish they could all play together. It would be a riot!

Anonymous said...

I am seriously jealous right now. I need a trip to CA. It is freezing here. Yesterday it was 30-something. Of course, last week was in the 70s. Psyco weather. Send us some sun!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Great stories!! I'm dying about the fear of poop... Molly did the same thing!
Have a great week Casey!
XOXO
Gen

Jessica said...

I too love the randoms, and the fancy pants new signature. You are my blog idol, and the one who has taught me all that I know:)

loren said...

Random but hilarious and cute.

The swimming pool thing sounds like Kristin - she is completely fearless. Today she was sliding head first on her belly down a big pile of rocks we have in our yard.

It was surprisingly nice outside today. I can't wait for the 70 degree weather we're supposed to get tomorrow, ummm... today, I mean.

My name is Tammie said...

I swear our kids are doing the same things at the same times. I am loving the bucket picture so so much.

Beautiful!

Mary Franks said...

Enjoy those moments while they last.I love to see the cute things your girls do. It's just amazing how fast they grow up. Here's proof of that, chek out my "baby" he's 15 now.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080412/A_SPORTS09/804120334/-1/A_SPORTS

Milk Mama said...

Wow you have beautiful daughters!!!