Thursday, August 7, 2008

Photostory Friday and Randoms from Riley

My Photostory Friday is a little different this week. I picked some of my favorite pictures from the last month of my youngest daughter (only by 3 minutes, but she's still the baby!) and wrote some of the funny things she has said lately. Only 15 days until my girls turn 3 and I try my best to write down all the fun stuff they are saying these days. Thanks for letting me share it with you!


Riley has this nice way of putting a double negative together. The other day, we were all hiding underneath our big comforter and Riley says, "I don't can't see mama."

I walked by Riley on my way to the family room as she was standing in the middle of the kitchen playing with her hair. About 10 seconds later, she runs to me with tears streaming down her face and says "My neck is broken." Not sure if she turned her head wrong or pulled a muscle in her neck, but I loved her all up and she settled down on my lap. Alyssa wanders over and tries to snuggle in too and Riley gets all flustered up and yells at her, "Don't take my mommy! My neck is broken!"



We were on our way to the store the other day and Riley said, "Stop driving mama. I have a boooooooooooogie."


On another car ride, the girls were acting silly and laughing at each other. Riley says, “Don’t be funny Alyssa. Only Ri-Ri be funny.”


I caught Riley spitting out her milk all over the couch one afternoon, so I sent her to the timeout corner. A couple of minutes later I had her come over and apologize and I asked her why I wanted her to apologize (just curious if she had any clue). She told me it was for spitting out her milk and I asked her why she wasn't supposed to spit out her milk. Riley said "Mmmmmmm...cause mama's coming!" (I did my best not to laugh at that one)



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute...great glimpse into Riley's personality. I love kid comments.

Head Gaggler said...

Aww, she's a beauty. I love the one of her lounging.

Jen said...

So cute and funny to boot, what a girl you've got there.

Anonymous said...

Very fun loving kid! She's such a beauty.

My PSF this week is posted HERE. Please check on it if you can. Happy weekends!

Shannon said...

Soooo cute. She is something else isn't she? I would love to spend a day with that girl. What a hoot!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

She is SO beautiful. I actually LOVE coming to your PSF to see these 3 girls. It just gives me permasmirk. Oh, the cuteness.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

My 2 year old is starting to come up with the craziest things as well. It's so hard not to laugh!

You have very pretty little girls. Great photos and story!

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Love the closer look at Ri-Ri's personality! My favorite comment from her would probably have to be the "Don't take my mommy, my neck is broken" I love the last pic, looks like she was relaxing in the sun.

Malena said...

Wow, almost 3!!!!
I loved the quotes, especially the booger one! :)

Rachel said...

what a little cutie pie! love the pictures. it's so cute when they start talking and the things they come up with! :0)

Amanda said...

WOW! HAHA! Those were funny!

Its my first time to your blog and it was amazing to read the stories of all 3 girls.

Jessica said...

She continues to crack me up....I love that you are writing these things down because we are getting forgetful in our old age...Great pics..Her smile is beautiful!!

Claremont First Ward said...

The last one is my favorite.....what are you going to do for their birthday? This post was so much fun to read, Casey!

Robyn said...

she must be the funny one.

Unknown said...

Riley is adorable!

Chris said...

Boogie emergencies are SO serious! Write down the things she's saying these days, I'd be willing to bet there are going to be some doosies.

Heather said...

I love the quotes! And I want to hear about birthday plans to!

My name is Tammie said...

Aw! So cute! I love all thise Rileyisms. Cant wait to hear what the other girls say. I bet its so much fun!

Cecily R said...

I love LOVE Rileyisms! And I still can't tell them apart. They look SO MUCH alike to me. But I am lame like that.

Have I ever told you that I truly admire you for letting your girls be crazy and creative? It is so obvious that they are three lucky girls to have you for a mom!!

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so cute! I love the stuff little ones say. Today my 4 year old asked me where Ham came from, when I told her "pigs", she says "Does it grow out of them?"

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

"cause mama's coming" Hilarious!

Hey-how do you do the photo collages that you put on your blog sometimes? Thanks! :)

Ash

girlytwins said...

Great PSF! She is such a doll :) It is so hard not to laugh sometimes at the things they say. They are just so darn cute...even when they are naughty. What are you doing for their birthday? What a great way to end the summer :)

carrhop said...

SO cute--and a great idea to 'collect' all her little sayings. Can't wait to see what your other girls have been chattering about!

Glad you came by my 'place'--and glad I could put another laundry weapon in your cleaning arsenal!

Blessings!