Thursday, December 4, 2008

Photostory Friday and A Rainy Day

The girls and I ventured out for a Thanksgiving feast at their preschool last week. Unfortunately we had to park in a lot next to the school and hike over in the rain because all of the parents were there to be with their kids and they had snatched up the good parking spots. Of course it was a day when I was running late trying to get everyone dressed and out of the house and I didn't have a stroller with me. Thankfully, the girls listened to me REALLY well as I made sure we all held hands as we had a brief walk along a busy street. We made it to school just as they sat down to eat.

On the way back to the car, I let the girls run around and play with the leaves because they thought it was so much fun.

I love this first picture...some of my favorite pictures are of the girls from this view. Watching them run off to explore their world.


Riley and Makena showing off their leaves to Alyssa.


Alyssa and Makena chasing each other in circles.


Not a care in the world!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

41 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

I love that they all have a different color parka!and don't you hate it when you don't get the good parking spot!

Chris said...

That first shot is great! I love kids running away from the shot -- it implies that the picture is just the beginning of the story.

My name is Tammie said...

I love those pictures. And giving them a moment to explore their world just puts it all into perspective. I love it.

scrappysue said...

oh to be carefree! they always look they are so happy to be around each other

Mandy said...

Those are fun! I love playing in the rain!

Laura Marchant said...

So cute. Some of my favorite pictures are from that same point of view too.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

What a fun day, even in the rain! They are growing so much! It seems every chance I get to come and take a peek, they have changed. They are such beautiful girls!

Laura said...

The first picture is adorable! I love seeing kids in action. Oh and if anyone deserves the good parking spot its you. They should reserve you one. I hate days like that, crowds of people and wrangling little ones.

Melissa said...

I love the pictures.... You dress your girls soooo cute-- I love the vests and the tights!!
You know I finally got my girl (after 3 boys) and she is the biggest tomboy around and if I can get her to dress cute w/ cute tights, she just tears them up-- seriously!!

Cecily R said...

I LOVE shots of kids from the back. For some reason the back of a kid's head speaks to me...

What amazing little friendships your girls are creating. It must be so much fun to watch everyday!

Cammie said...

Love the built in BFFs! And they look super cute in those outfits!

Heather said...

I love it when my kids find treasures like leaves and rocks to play with. Couldn't really tell you why, I just do!

Michelle said...

I love shots in the rain. We don't get many of those opportunities!

I like shots from different perspectives as well. :)

Jen said...

playing in the leaves and rain so just so much fun.

Shannon said...

So fun! It is such a gift to slow down and enjoy the moment. Good work Mama.

S Club Mama said...

thanks for stopping by yesterday! I appreciate all the kind comments.

gotta love rainy day fun

Valerie said...

They are darling. Mine is grown now but I remember trying to get places first to get good parking. Why in the world did those other parents want to come anyways? lol

photomommy said...

Beautiful girls! Looks like they had a blast!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I so agree. I wish we could just bottle that forever! Your girls are so BEAUTIFUL.

Carla said...

oh the smiles! What beauty!

Anonymous said...

Looks like they were having a lot of fun. :)

Jaysi said...

Looks like a great time!!! I love playing in the rain every now and then.

Shala said...

I love their little vests, so cute and stylish!

girlytwins said...

I love seeing the fun and carelessness in their eyes. It is such a great age in my opinion. I love watching my girls explore :)

And you must try kite flying. Cheap, fun, and great nap. What's not to like. The girls keep telling everyone they flew their kites in the park like it was the best thing ever.

Claremont First Ward said...

These are such great pictures, Casey...they look so cute!

latree said...

it surely is a priceless moment.. your girls are adorable..

Unknown said...

Just beautiful.

Heather said...

Moments like that are so much fun! I love taking pictures of Courtney running or walking away from me. So Sweet. I love Alyssa's smile in the last picture!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I don't know why, but I'm always touched by photos of the backs of people. You can see where they're heading off to, or you see their point of view. Or something like that. It's probably best left not explained to death like I just tried to do.

Rebecca Jo said...

Holy cow - those leaves are huge!!!

Jen said...

Some of my very favorite pics of my kids are from behind them. And this one is no different! What beautiful girls you have!

Susan said...

They are so precious! I love pictures of joy.

Anonymous said...

Omg your girls are too cute and they look just like the kids from Jon and Kate plus 8! Are they related to the Gosselin family by any chance? too cute!!

Just say Julie said...

Your girls are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jen Sue Wild said...

What sweet pix of your girls.
Cherish these times they go by to quick.

Jessica said...

I love their little skirts with their leggings under..so cute! Now those are some big leaves..Great pics..I am impressed you had your camera in your pocket too!

Carrie and Jim said...

Super cute clothes and fun times even in the rain. I need to have an sttitude more like them. Fun even when life is yucky!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ur girls are always sooo precious! i love their smiles...and the rain pics are fab!

Honey Mommy said...

I love rainy days! (But only if they are warm!

The Eathornes said...

Hi there! Your girls are just absolutely adorable....and I love your blog!!
(Jenn Eathorne from Mom's group)

WheresMyAngels said...

Those little outfits are the best! So cute!

aysha loves playing in the rain.