Thursday, December 18, 2008

Photostory Friday and Santa


The girls have had a hot and cold relationship with Santa this year. They always LOVE to talk about him. And they love all the Christmas decorations. But when it comes down to getting close to him, you never know what you're gonna get. And of course there's the domino effect that happens. If one is hesitant and starts saying "No Santa" then her sisters are sure to follow.

So we tracked down Santa at a tree farm near our house and waited 10 minutes for Santa to get back from his lunch break. I couldn't keep my laughter to myself when I saw Santa walk out of a little shed right next to the picture area (the shed was apparently Santa's break room) and he had a bag of Doritos in one hand and a Pepsi in the other. His beard was all cockeyed and Santa looked like he was about 25 years old.

But the girls were thrilled. Alyssa walked up to him and said, "Santa, I love you." And then the domino effect happened. All three of them were in love with Santa and happy to take a picture with him.

And apparently I need to go out and get a bag of chips and a Pepsi to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve. Not sure if cookies and milk will cut it this year.





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

27 comments:

scrappysue said...

too funny!!!

Kelly said...

Well, you DO know that Santa is immortal...Maybe he doesn't age. LOL

Jen said...

What a great pic!

Jaysi said...

Your girls look adorable!!! How sweet! That Santa looks a little shady though!

Cammie said...

your girls as always are precious...that Santa looks like he is going to rob a bank

girlytwins said...

So cute. What a great picture. They look so grown up :)

I will make note of the pepsi and doritos. LOL

Heather said...

That is so rad!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

haha, chips and pepsi! too funny!

Jen said...

At least the girls love him.

Mandy said...

Yes, he possibly is the youngest Santa I have seen!

Jaime said...

That's a great picture of all of the girls! My girls didn't want anything to do with Santa this year. I didn't push it. Maybe next year?

Abby said...

Hubba hubba wonder if he has a Mrs. Claus? ;)

Michelle said...

Dang, Santa has some good taste in snack foods! :) The girls look adorable.

Anonymous said...

How cute!

That's how new family traditions are born - now you'll have to get doritos and pepsi for santa every year.

Rebecca Jo said...

What a good picture... Did any of teh kids notice Santa's brown eye brows? I notice stuff like that...

Chris said...

One Santa, three girls and three smiles? Nice job!

My name is Tammie said...

LOL!!! How funny! Sheesh, after all this time and some chips and a soda would have cut it. LOL! The girls look adorable, I am loving those smiles.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Such a funny story and cute photo!

Hilary said...

What a great picture!! Those girlies are growing up!! Merry Christmas!!

Diorella N. said...

alyssa is such a sweetie. haha :)

Anonymous said...

great picture. can't wait to see you guys on Christmas!!!!!!! What a unique santa claus

Jodi said...

This post was too funny. I find it interesting that sometimes kids take notice of every detail and other times. . .not at all. Love the picture!

Jocasta said...

Great pic -- hope I'm as lucky next week!

tiarastantrums said...

great photo!!

Honey Mommy said...

That Santa definitely has a youthful face! We haven't even gotten around to seeing Santa yet!

Anonymous said...

Horray for loving Santa!

Shannon said...

Great photo! I am amazed that you got such a good one. Way to go!