Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunshine and another great book

The weather has been absolutely beautiful in our hood over the last week. The girls were so happy to get outside today and dig in the dirt and ride scooters. We are soaking up the sun before the next rainstorm heads our way this week.


Makena

Alyssa


Riley

While the girls were happily digging for worms, I was reading another great book with the sun shining on my face. A perfect day, I tell ya!






16 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I was going to buy that the other day but couldn't find it. Is it worth it.


You can also tell you live in a warmer climate.

Carrie and Jim said...

I am so jealous of your sunshine. Not really but I am glad that you did get to enjoy some nice weather! I have a friend that listeded to the Host on CD. She said it was pretty good but she recommended reading it instead. 20+ hours on CD (yikes!)

Cammie said...

Loved The Host. I was not sure about it at first but I am so glad I read it. Made me cry in some parts.

Lindsay said...

oo such a fun day.. I can't wait for the warm weather.. it was 0 degrees on Saturday (that's not typical). Did you like the book?

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i agree, i am sooo jealous of that sunshine. i need a day like that bad!

Jessica said...

Yes I think we have one more day of nice weather..Love love it. I missed you this weekend! Have a fun play date today!

Laura said...

I am quite jealous of the weather. We have cabin fever.

As for the host at first I thought I would not like it much but I pushed through and got into the story. That book was amazing. I cried and it really affected me and my thinking. Enjoy! I loved it SOO much!

girlytwins said...

Wow. What a perfect day. We are soaking up the rays here too before we get rained on later in the week.

Jen said...

Oh that does sound like a wonderful day. I so miss summer.
And I am going to start that book soon too. Glad to hear its good.

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous of the short sleeves as I freeze my butt off up here in the north!!!

Great pics of the girls!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh how I've been loving this sunshine, too. The kids have been living outside. I'm reading a great book right now about the Salem Witch trials...I'll have to give you the title......

Michelle said...

Ok, maybe it is just me, but I can not get into this book. It is so confusing! Does it get less confusing??

Rebecca said...

I loved The Host! It was a great book!

Kaylan said...

Hi! Just droppin' by for the first time. Your little girls are so cute. I can tell through your blogs that they each have their own beautiful personalities.

As for the Host I haven't had the chance to read it yet! It's on the "To Read" list tho! Hope you're enjoying it. Enjoy that sunchine for me~ its 22 here in GA today, eek!

The Blonde Duck said...

Did you sing the worm song to them as you were reading?

debi9kids said...

Ahhhh, sounds like a perfect day!