Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wordful Wednesday and Makena's New Pet

We made a trip to Lolo and Lola's house around Thanksgiving and the girls just so happened to find a hidden treasure among Lola's garage-sale finds. You'd think most kids would be afraid of a large plastic lizard, but not my girls. It was love at first sight. And somehow there was never any disagreement that this lizard was Makena's.


So proud of her "iguana"


It's almost as big as she is....and it sleeps with her!


"Don't mess with my iguana!"





Go visit Angie for more Wordful Wednesday posts


46 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

It's so warm and cozy, I can see the appeal, LOL!

Carrie and Jim said...

It always amazes me when little girls like lizards and such. She is so cute and so unique. Hopefully she will not scare to many friends with her little pet!

Ronda's Rants said...

What beautiful girls!

Claremont First Ward said...

I can see why she sleeps with it....all that soft fuzz and all. :) But seriously.....love that everyone just knows...not to mess with Makena and her lizard! :)

Mom said...

OMGoodness that is one big lizard! But I will say I like her lizard a lot more than I like the one I posted this week.

Michelle said...

LOL! Nothing like a big ole plastic lizard to cuddle up with. :)

Kristin said...

My son saw that picture and said "oh so cute". I asked "who the little girl"? He replied "No the lizard".

Heather said...

My daughter would so get along great with your girls! She is all about lizards and alligators (and trucks and cars). So cute!

Twice as Nice said...

Those girls are such sweetness. I always wanted twin girls...triplets would of been even better! But, I have my son and wouldn't trade him for the world. Give those a squeeze from the twins.

Susie said...

Tooooooo cute!!

Lorina said...

Okay so I was completely focused on reading I didn't even view that picture.. until I did.. which completely scared me! haha.. I think I am tired already.

Unknown said...

That's so funny. I mean even I am a little scared of it! ; )

tiarastantrums said...

HA - she sounds like she and my daughter would be best pals!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with girls liking lizards. My son has an easy bake oven. Haha

Rhonda said...

It's plastic, and she sleeps with it? Ouch! lol

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

haha, love that look on her face in the last picture. hands off!

girlytwins said...

That is one great pet you have there :) It looks very snuggly. As always too cute!!

Jessica said...

Love that last shot. She is dead serious about her iguana. What could be more cuddley than a large plastic lizard?

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

How cute! When does she get a real one? ;o)

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....this is just too good. I love this...she's an iguana lover.
Way cool.

My Wordful is an update on Winston's Ladybug stool. Come on over if you can, I so love visitors and their comments!!! Happy day to you.

Kimberly and the GA Guinn Triplets said...

LOL! I love it. I completely agree with Makena's taste! Who wouldn't want to hard, cold plastic lizard to cuddle up with every night. Hey, at least he doesn't snore!

The Microblogologist said...

It looks more like a kimono dragon, lol. Either way she is adorable! Niecey was trying to sleep with her plastic Wall-E toys, thankfully Baby Sister found Wall-E and Eve plushes so she now can sleep with her beloved Wall-E, hehehe.

Lindsay said...

oo very cute! Hehe! Glad that she found something she really liked :-)

Jen said...

I bet he is just so nice to snuggle with.

Kim said...

That is funny. I love that she sleeps with it. For sure noone can take then!

Lollidale Farm said...

So funny! Love it!

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

She sleeps with it?? bwahahaha!

Julie said...

So funny! I might go for it if it were more like a stuffed animal...it doesn't look like it would be very cuddly! LOL!

Shannon said...

I am telling you, our girls would get along famously. We could all just hang out in the reptile house at the zoo. You would think they would be terrified of things slimy and slithery. Not so. Love it!!

Ash said...

That thing gives me the heebie jeebies!!

Braver than me - go girl!!

Anonymous said...

I thought that was real at first. Such cute pictures!

Melissa said...

too cute....does the iguana have a name??

Abby said...

One mans creepiness is another mans treasured sleeping buddy ;)

I too have a daughter that adores reptiles. Her favorite are get this SNAKES! ewwww! But explain this one to me she is terrified of house flys!

Anonymous said...

that's so cute! i think it would be hard to sleep with a plastic iguana. she must really love him!

debi9kids said...

How funny!
What a lovely, fluffy baby she sleeps with. LOL
Happy WW!

MDtripmom said...

Greetings from a fellow triplet mom and SITSta! Your girls are such cutie pies! It's amazing how much they have grown from their humble beginnings. Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I thought that thing was real. I almost freaked out!

KatieZ said...

Wow, I hope the tail doesn't poke her eye out or something? ME...I'd probably roll over on the dang thing and puncture a lung or something. LOL! Kids..what free spirits they have!

Jaime said...

That is so funny. You never know what your kid will become attached to!:)

Aubrey said...

OMGosh! I got freaked out for a moment! I thought it was real. LOL
How funny is that!! My little guy would not be a big fan of that iguana.
She is too cute!

WheresMyAngels said...

You need to get that girl a real one!! ha ha

Mandy said...

Okay, so I looked at the first pic and thought, ugh, gross and then scrolled down and saw it was a toy and then read your post. Yeah, I can handle that kind of pet!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love the small live ones! :)

Tara Bennett said...

Sugar, spice, and.... iguanas?!??

Susan said...

I have to say...ugh! I can't believe she sleeps with that thing. It isn't like you could really snuggle up to it. You can't help what you love though.
Please God help my kids not want to any sort of reptile for a pet.

Laura said...

I love that pet... totally low maintenance.