Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lucky mama

My dearest daughters,

Your Auntie Jessica reminded me today that you are almost 4 years old. How can that possibly be? I will say that this year has been the most challenging for me as a mom. As you become more independent and headstrong, I have to figure out how to manage your "attitude" with grace instead of anger. So far my saving grace has been chocolate, the occasional alcoholic beverage, and a strict 8:00 bedtime so that mommy can have some quiet time.



You have blossomed this year with your transition into preschool. Your teachers love you and always comment about what wonderful little girls you are. Before I know it, you'll be starting Kindergarten. Auntie Jessica made me promise that you won't be the only Kindergartners still sleeping with binkies at night. Lucky for us, we've got another year to work on that!

**********************************************************************************

Miss Makena,

You are a mix of shyness and spunk. I look forward to our nightly snuggles on the couch before bed. You melt my heart on a daily basis with "I love you's" and big kisses. Dora is your favorite t.v. show and you wake up every morning asking to watch her show. If it wasn't for Dora, I wouldn't be able to cook dinner every night!

You definitely like to test the limits with following the rules but you are quick to tell me that you are sorry when you misbehave. We conquered your fear of the dark this year with two nightlights in your room and a special "mommy" blanket that keeps you warm and safe.

*********************************************************************************

Miss Alyssa,

My thoughtful girl. I cherish your caring little heart. You have a giggle that is infectious and a smile that lights up your face. I always look forward to that first early morning smile you greet me with when I walk into your room.



I can see that you are going to love school as much as I did! You love to color and sing songs. When I pick you up from school you are so excited to tell me what your "job" was for the day. You relish in your role as "the informant" in our family and I know I will be counting on you for years to come when I need to know about everyone's whereabouts.

**********************************************************************************

Miss Riley,

My happy-go-lucky girl. One of your favorite hobbies is picking "beautiful flowers" whenever you get the chance. And you always comment on the beautiful flowers you see throughout your day. You love to be silly and make your sisters laugh, which is always fun for me to watch.



You are SO excited about growing older. You can't wait to be a "big girl" so that you can chew gum! You love to change outfits throughout your day and I am trying my best to let you discover your own fashion sense, with mismatched colors and all. I love to see you give me your thumbs up sign when you've know you've done a good job.



I love you girls with all my heart!

Love, mommy





HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

25 comments:

Abby said...

Very sweet. Isn't it fun to discover each of their personalities as they get older?

More Than Words said...

That was soooooo sweet!!!!!!!!

It's so neat to hear about their different personalities!!

Have a blessed Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day!

Michele S said...

What a beautiful post. They are starting to look so grown up. I spent the first four years wishing they'd get older and now I just want them to freeze in time and not get any older at all.

Happy Mother's Day!

Tracey's Life said...

How sweet - I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Susan said...

What a sweet post to your girls! Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Heather said...

Amazing! Happy Mother's Day!

Jen said...

What an awesome post. Such wonderful girls and a wonderful mother.
Happy Mother's Day.

My name is Tammie said...

Happy Mothers Day Casey. I hope you enjoyed your day with your beautiful, special little girls.

Anonymous said...

awww loved hearing about their different personalities! Your girls look so sweet!

Anonymous said...

oopps forgot to say Happy Mother's day to you too!

Hilary said...

AWWW so sweet!!!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

girlytwins said...

Total sweetness! I love hearing about the personalities that makes your girls the special little ladies they are. It feels like we get to know them a little more each time.

They are as cute as ever :)

Happy Mother's Day!

tiarastantrums said...

that was so sweet - I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day

Annie said...

Oh Casey, I love your post. So sweet and your girls are precious.

Definitely being a mom is the best thing ever.

Have a nice week.

Kim said...

That is so sweet! You absolutely have 3 wonderful little girls! Thanks for coming to my blog, I've been out of the loop for while, so thanks for not forgetting about me!

The Blonde Duck said...

They're so cute! I can tell they're growing up!

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Mother's Day, Casey. You are such an exceptional mom, and you know how I feel about your girls........:)

Jessica said...

Okay that post made Auntie cry..I love your girls like they are my own,and love that I get to watch them grow up. What a sweet post mama. You are one awesome Mommy.
xoxo
Auntie Jessica
The Auntie Fariy will be stealing those binkis before Kindergarten..

Jessica said...

p.s. Where was that first pic taken??

Honey Mommy said...

How precious! Your little girls obviously mean the world to you! Hope you had a fabulous mother's day!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Aww how sweet! They are so beautiful, and it sounds like their personalities are too. Happy Mother's Day! (times 3!)

Unknown said...

You are so blessed to have so many lovely young ladies in your life! I bet you had a great mother's day! :)

loren said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Your kids are, as always, adorable and you can tell they have wonderful parents.

Bethany said...

The girls are going to grow up having their best friends right in their own family-- how fun!!!!