Last Saturday, the girls and I packed into the car to follow Steve to the U-haul place so that he could rent a trailer for work. It was my job to keep the girls entertained while we waited in the car and I made lots of promises that we would do something FUN if they behaved themselves. It may sound easy, but 30 minutes waiting in a car with 3 year-olds isn’t always fun! The fighting, crying and screaming that sometimes occurs isn’t pretty.
We survived and I surprised the girls by telling them we were headed to the park to watch my niece Katie play softball. Grandpa Hank even drove up from Stockton. The girls LOVE their older cousins and Grandpa.
We had a great afternoon at the park. The girls played on the monkey bars and slides. They climbed up and down the bleachers more times then I can count and made friends with the other people watching the game. We splurged and let the girls each have their OWN slurpee and of course, they got lots of love from family.
Imagine my surprise when we are back in the car….just in time to go down for naps at home, when Alyssa says, “Mommy, are we going to do something FUN now?”
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Adventures in parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







11 comments:
My darlings pull crap like that all the time. Makes me nuts!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
I would have told my kids, "Yah..you're all going to take naps now." LOL
Kids, you just can't please them.
Ha ha. Kids, gotta love 'em!
Hope you are doing well!
-chels
LOL o my goodness that is to funny!!
Hahaha!!! Just wait until they get older...... Fun equates to spending a lot of money in their eyes! I miss the days when going to the park was fun for them.... Oh well the challenges and payoffs change as they age Gotta love em just the same. I'm sure I did the same or similar to my Mom.
Ha, ha!! That is exactly what Luke would have said. Annoys the heck out of me at the time, but it really is funny!
Ha ha ha. That's my favorite line after I've busted my butt to do fun things for my kids that I don't enjoy.
I'm still laughing........
And, the kids in the car thing? I ALWAYS, ALWAYS offer to be the one to go in and run the errand b/c I'd rather slit my throat than be stuck in a stopped car with my kids.
Hee, hee. Out of the mouths of babes!
What could be better than family and slurpees...well besides Auntie of course..ha ha.
We missed you these past couple of weeks.
xoxo
Haha. LOVE it. I told the girls last week we were gonna do something fun that day of they were good. Charlotte exclaimed "Are we going to Costco?" Haha. Well if that is all it takes sure!!!
Post a Comment