Friday, June 5, 2009

Photostory Friday and the Troublemakers


Now that the girls are getting older, I can allow them to play safely in the backyard for a few minutes while I get dinner started in the kitchen. We have a huge window that overlooks the backyard, and I open it up so that I can listen in while they play.

Earlier this week, I was elbow-deep in raw chicken and couldn't get outside fast enough to intervene with the mud wrestling that started. Riley ran to the backdoor, very proud of her accomplishments. She was SO happy to rub her muddy hands all over the back door, while I ran to find my camera to document the crime. Her accomplice (Makena) was trying to hide the evidence outside and I found her hosing herself down.

Dirt+Water+ (2)Three-year olds= Troublemakers!!


Suspect #1

Caught mud-handed!!!

The accomplice



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


27 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

how fun! my brother + i used to make enormous messes with mud when we were little!

Jaysi said...

Oh my...that would make my blood boil for sure. Future mud wrestlers???

Laura said...

Now that looks like some good dirty fun!

Ryanne said...

Oh that is to cute/funny! We used to have mud ball fights in the spring and summer. Now that I'm the parent not sure it would be as much fun!

Casey's trio said...

Jaysi, my blood pressure did sky rocket for sure! They would LOVE to mud wrestle every day of the week:)

Emily said...

Those are so cute pictures and it looked like they had a blast! It was probably worth the clean up effort! lol

Suzanne said...

ooooooooooooo man!!!! (my husband would have DIED at that glass door being covered in mud!) those girls are absolutely precious!!! mud and all!!! love it.

Anonymous said...

hehe busted!! They still look cute all covered in mud!

Annie said...

They are had a lot of fun. SO CUTE!!!!

Have a nice weekend.

Maggie May said...

Oh my....... what charming scamps you have!

Scary Mommy said...

3 children alone in a yard equals disaster--- I've learned the hard way!!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I would have to keep reminding myself to breathe. That everything will be ok...it can be cleaned, but man they sure do look like they are having some good ol' fun!

Carissa(GoodNCrazy) said...

So where was the Third in all this?? :) Enjoy these 'early' crimes huh?

Shannon said...

Ahhhh, fun summer activities. Gotta love the dirt...or cry everyday:) You are a good sport, mama!

KatBouska said...

You are a brave woman...I let Kainoa go outside to play with the "big" kids all the time. But I don't let them play in the dirt. I don't think I'd care if it were just a couple of kids, but imagine hosing off 12!?! No thanks.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..

I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.
Each comment enters you for the June giveaway.

More Than Words said...

Your girls are toooooooooooo funny! I love how they don't mind getting dirty!! I bet there is never a dull moment in your house!

Andra said...

Looks like they had a great time!

Tracey's Life said...

Oh that is just too funny! How do you

a) Not scream
b) Not laugh hysterically at their
antics?

Hoping you have a great summer!

Jen said...

playing in the mud is just fun! messy but just fun. I also loved that she tried to clean herself up. that is the difference b/t boys and girls. my boys just want to stay dirty.

Mandy said...

That is hilarious! One is so clean and the other dirty, they work good together!

Jessica said...

I am always amazed how much your girls love dirt and mud..maybe that is why they play so well with the boys next door:)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

One fine day several years ago, when I only had 2 children, I went outside to find them "painting" the house --- with mud! :)

tiarastantrums said...

oh so glorious!!! love those girls!!

Rachel Dominguez said...

That is priceless!!!

Latree@Dandelion said...

that's an art work :)

girlytwins said...

Yay for sisters and the mischief that surrounds them :)