Friday, August 7, 2009

Photostory Friday and Livin' on the Edge

BF Jess and I took the kiddos out for an evening stroll one night this week while they enjoyed their summertime popsicles together. Little did we know that a gigantic mess was in our future. There happens to be a sandpile at the end of our street that the kids talked us into letting them play in. And by talking us into it I mean they ran full steam ahead and jumped right into it.

POPSICLES + SAND = STICKY MESS


Makena and Calum enjoying their evening walk


Alyssa (Always the last one eating her dessert. She savors every last bite!)


My inner mommy alarms were ringing high at this point....dreading the clean-up that I would have to do after this adventure. But, I pulled up my big-girl pants and chilled out. Had to remind myself that this was SO much fun for the kids.

Alyssa and Riley making sand angels


My sweet Lissy Bear...that smile lights up the place!


Makena...with a look on her face like I caught her in the middle of doing something naughty!


Riley...getting buried in the sand


Brave Calum letting the big kids bury him. We won't talk about the handfuls of sand that got inside his ears. I'm guessing BF Jess will be working on "project ear-cleanout" for awhile!



I'm so thankful that my girls get to grow up with BF Jess's boys. What awesome memories they will have together!


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



Click here to see our guest list and add your link.





21 comments:

Jen said...

Your girls are always so pretty! That first pic of Alyssa today is Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

oo such a fun walk! I am sure that was a royal mess but what a blast they had!

Cecily R said...

Pulled on your big girl pants...HEEE HEEE! I need some of those. :)

I'm with Jen...that first shot of Alyssa is GORGEOUS!

Annie said...

Cute pictures. I like the way they think they were at the beach. SO funny.

Enjoy your weekend.

Melissa said...

awwww, that looks like a blast for the kids!!

So, how bad was the clean-up?

{K} said...

That sandpile looks like a lot of fun!

Ryanne said...

Looks like they all had fun...the stickier the mess the better I always say!

Jessica said...

Operation clean out the sand in Calum's ears continues:)..The clean up is worth it b/c they had sooo much fun. I love love that our kids are best pals and that they didn't have to wait until 7th grade to meet:)
Hugs!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh so much fun to play in the sand! Sometimes we have to "pull on our big girl pants" huh! :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

lol! Sand and Popsicles, there's nothing better. I bet they had so much fun!

Tracey's Life said...

Oh how cute! BFF's and your kids being BFF's = PRICELESS!!

My BFF and her kids and me and my kids all go to the beach together every year at the end of the summer...we love it!

latree said...

hahahaha... that was fun. you've been so very kind to let the kids do.

and as always, your angels are beautiful...

I'm Jamie said...

I haven't checked in for awhile... they are getting so big!! And cute!

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like they had so much fun!

Amanda said...

Its fantastic that you just chilled out and let the kids enjoy it. Sometimes thats the best thing to do.

Susan said...

Oh how fun! Although, I probably would be crazy just thinking about all that sand. But it does look like they had a ton of fun.

Hilary said...

Cute pictures!!! Oh I hear you on the sand too :)

Bethany said...

Your girls always look like they are having so much fun! What a fun activity- definitely sticky!! ;)

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Oh Casey, they look like they're having so much fun! What a great Mommy to let them enjoy it!

debi9kids said...

LOVE these photos! They look like they were having such a great time. Total childhood BLISS!

girlytwins said...

So funny. Sometimes you just have to sit back and worry about the mess later :) It does look like A OT of fun!!