Monday, December 14, 2009

V.I.P

The girls are V.I.Ps this week at school so mommy had homework this weekend getting their picture posterboards ready to take to preschool this morning. It's always a challenge to let the 4 year-olds make some decisions in the creative process while maintaining enough control so that it doesn't turn into chaos! Let's just say that Alyssa is going to be very organized in life. She is my mini-me! Ummm her sisters, not so much. Makena would have trampled all over everyone's posterboard if I had turned my back for 30 seconds.

So the V.I.Ps get special privileges for the week that include wearing a special vest (oooooh), being line leader (aaaahhhhh) and helping with special jobs. When I was talking to them about being "assistant snack helper" Riley was quick to point out that she couldn't play if she had to help set up for snacktime. Alyssa on the other hand, would be the FIRST one in line for that job each and every day. Can you tell who will be earning the most allowance when she gets older for helping mommy clean?







It's been fun watching my peeps get the "star treatment" this week!

14 comments:

More Than Words said...

How proud you must be!!!! They are just so cute!!! Great job, girls!

Anonymous said...

awww what a fun week they must be having! I love the poster boards! So fun!

Pam said...

That is so sweet! I know they were so proud of themselves too! They did a great job on the posters too! Your friend in East Texas, Pam.

girlytwins said...

Awwww I love it! Great posters too. They are such cute girls Casey. I love hearing about their personalities.

loren said...

LOL! You are way more of an overachiever than I am. I sent Kristin to school with a stack of pictures as "Star of the Week"... it didn't even dawn on me to put them on posterboard!

The girls are adorable. And while I'm thinking of it, how is Alyssa's eye patch working out?

Jen said...

That sounds like fun!!

Shannon said...

So fun! Can you believe how important the job of line leader has become? If your house is anything like mine, it is a knock down drag out everyday:)

Rebecca said...

Those are awesome I want to do them for my girls :) Your daughters are beautiful as always

Jessica said...

So cute!! I love the poster boards. You were busy this weekend. It will be fun for them to get the star treatment this week.

Laura said...

I love hearing about their different personalities. How Fun! What a cute poster too! A little mommy tip. I found out I had to make VIP poster every year for every kid so I save them all behind their dresser. This way we just switch out a few pictures as needed. Your posters are so cute they will be nice for few VIP's!

Hilary said...

How fun ;) They are soooo cute!

Annie said...

Wonderful job, girls.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

debi9kids said...

Oh how adorable and just so cute how different they are from one another. I hope they enjoy their "stardom" :)

Claremont First Ward said...

You did a fantastic job. I've had to do one for the girls every year and I am so over them........not the best attitude since the boys are all going to have their fair share. :)