I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the middle of the night with Miss Riley standing at the side of my bed staring at me, patiently waiting for me to take her to the bathroom. She never says a word, but rustles around until I groggily ask her what's wrong. Somehow I've managed NOT to scream out in holy terror.
The 4:30 a.m. bathroom runs got really old fast so I have started getting Riley up and taking her to the bathroom before I go to bed. This has quickly become one of my favorite parts of my nightly routine.
Because no matter how whiny the girls might have been that day, all the stress has rolled off my back by the time I lift my sweet girl from underneath her warm, cozy blankets and carry her sleep-heavy body to the bathroom. She always wraps her arms around me and snuggles her head right in my neck just like she did when she was a baby. I get to tuck her back in and give her another hug and kiss and a whisper of sweet dreams before crawling into bed myself. Such a nice way to end the night.

Hosted by Cecily







20 comments:
What a great idea!
Isn't it creepy to wake up. and have one of your kids just standing there looking at you. It freaks me out every single time :)
Aww! That is sweet!!!!
One time my daughter did that to me. I opened my eyes and she was standing right there!! Scary!
I miss those little warm snuggly arms. But I had to do the same thing to keep from getting woke up in the middle of the night.
That's very sweet, I enjoy the same ritual for the same reason(s)!
Awwww! That's sweet! I love how you've made a normally inconvenient thing at the end of the day into a wonderful memory for you!!
The first time the whole being woken up by a kid standing at your bed thing happened to me was the (early) morning Isaac figured out how to get out of his crib by himself. I woke up to his nose touching mine. I screamed.
I remember doing that with my son keith when he was training (Emma hasn't gotten good enough at night yet.). It is such a lovely way to end the day.
What an adorable photo and I have to say, your blog looks just beautiful! Made me smile as soon as I saw it.
Wow my girls do the same thing. Now they can get up and go by themselves but I hear them and usually get up and help them. But you are so right they are so cute and you get a little moment stress free with just one of your kids.
I love a mothers love. So sweet! And I totally understand what you mean about forgetting about the trials of the day and just being happy to love them.
Goodness, I got all teary with that one because I totally know the feeling you're talking about. When my girls were tiny, I loved night times the best. Just feeling their breath in my face made me overwhelmed with gratitude. During the day...well, depends on the day but, you know, we could hand them to the next stranger walking by sometimes. In the quiet of the night, our children are angelic gifts from God. Love it!
awww such a sweetie! Love how they are so snuggly in the middle of the night!
That's what we did with my daughter (and still sometimes do). And you're completely right. Just getting to see them and carry them to the bathroom and back and tuck them in, it makes all the frustrations from the day melt away.
So sweet! I know exactly what you mean - and it's funny, cause I just recently posted about this being one of my favorite times of the day also.
Have a good weekend!
We take our son to the bathroom right before bed and most of the time he lasts all night. I do get the 3 a.m. wake up call every once in a while though!
Glad that is working for ya! I tried it a few times with my oldest when he was young and it was terrible.
It is a freaky feeling to have someone hovering over you in the middle of the night! I wake to frantic steps in the hall because Scott needs to go but he is not awake enough to know why he is up!
sweet girl, sweet you.
sweet you both.
Oh......my heart just melted. My Emma does that.......just standing by my bed and it scares the crap out of me. :)
Sorry I have been MIA lately! I am trying to come back to life :)
I love the new look!
I go in every night and check on my boys before I go to bed. It is my most favorite time with them! I couldn't agree with you more!
What a sweet post. So glad that has worked for her and that you are not awakened at 4:30. We all know how hard it is for a mama to fall back asleep!
Melting right now. I know that exact feeling and it is heaven. There is little better then sleeping babies. My Charlotte will whisper out 'Love you mommy' as I leave her. I just wanna crawl into bed with her some nights its so cute.
So sweet!
-Holly
Post a Comment