Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wordful Wednesday and Growing up

With each passing year it always amazes me how much easier things get with the girls. Well, some things get easier while other things get worse. Whining, bickering, annoying each other on purpose, and disobeying on purpose have not gotten easier! BUT, when we are out and about, I can actually have a conversation with other adults without worrying about where the girls are every.single.second.

Case in point, it is softball season and both of my nieces have softball games every Saturday. So the last two Saturdays we have hit the softball field/park to show some family support. AND I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH PART OF THE GAME! Last year I had to drag the girls out from under the bleachers so they would stop playing with the nasty sunflower seed shells that someone had spit on the ground. Or I couldn't stop them from climbing up and down the bleachers, either tripping/falling or bothering other people who were trying to watch the game.

Now, they run off and play like big kids.

This is huge people! Can I get an amen?!?!?!

My big girls with cousin Sophie...taking a break from their scooter patrol around the park.

My niece Katie on the pitching mound! It is SO much fun to cheer and scream for her. I LOVE every second!!



For more Wordful Wednesday

Visit Angie at


9 comments:

Jessica said...

Katie is a pitcher?..Wow everyone is growing up! I think today when we were out we actually got to talk quite a bit..AMEN sista!
p.s. I love you being home for spring break!

More Than Words said...

Yes, it is HUGE! I know what you're talking about. It's like you have some sense of freedom!!!

Jen said...

Casey, I can't tell you how much hope this gives me. So it really does get a little easier. Thank God.

Tracey's Life said...

Such beautiful Big Girls - the changes in them from your header picture last year is awesome! Off to Kindergarten next!

Kalle said...

Amen! Pretty soon you'll be watching your lovely ladies playing ball on the field! Have a great week.

Andra said...

Glad things are getting easier for you, I can't wait until I can stop worrying about them putting all the gross things in their mouths.

girlytwins said...

I can totally relate to you. We can go to dinner parties at peoples houses and not have our girls sitting on our laps or holding them while all the other kids played.

My girls love to go watch their friends play t ball at the park.

Anonymous said...

oo the girls look so big on their scooters! LOVE LOVE Softball.. I wish there were some good teams where I live to watch. I grew up playing travel softball! So I would love to find some team to yell and scream for :-)

Shannon said...

I totally agree. Parenting never gets easier, it just changes. And some changes make life a little less hectic. Life around here has gotten easier but busier. Always on the go. I suppose God had to make our kids a bit more self sufficient so us mommies could survive. Enjoy all that softball!!