Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Harvest

It's carrot picking time in Auntie Jessica's garden so the boys next door invited the girls over to help with the crop. The kids had SO much fun picking carrots right out of the ground, rinsing them off with the hose, and eating them on the spot.


Auntie taught the girls how to grab the stem close to the ground, wiggle it around and pull!

Lissy was so proud of herself.

Riley found a little cluster of carrots and pulled out a handful at once.


If I wasn't such a poor gardener, and by poor I mean the kind of gardener who forgets to water her plants, we would definitely plant a garden of our own. So instead, I'll just send the girls over and let Auntie take advantage of the three additional child laborers when her crop is ready to pick. They work for carrots.....and the occassional jellybean which was used to bribe them all into standing still for a picture!




For More Wordful Wednesday

Visit Angie at

9 comments:

sheila said...

Beautiful! love how you ended this! Will work for carrots, lol

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Our carrots arent very big yet!!!!! Fabulous pics!

Liz Mays said...

What a fun time they had! Little Bugs Bunnies!

Unknown said...

Carrots and jellybeans - that's some 'cheap' labor alright! Oh and cute too. :D

Anonymous said...

ooo so much fun! I have such great memories of working in the garden at my grandparent's house! Looks like they had a blast!

Jaysi said...

Please send your little helpers my way...I have more tomatoes than I can even pick!!!

Annie said...

For sure they had a great time.

Jessica said...

I'm glad the had so much fun:)...Our tomatoes are getting red and Auntie is gonna need more help!

girlytwins said...

How fun for the kids. I am the same type of poor gardener :)