After taking a 3-month blogging break, I wasn't sure what life event would ever bring me back. Life has been so busy with work and three kids in kindergarten that I have had absolutely no motivation to blog. Well, this week, we had such a life-changing event occur that I found a reason to come back to the good, ole blog.
Baby #4 is on the way!!!!
Yes, you read that right!
Needless to say, this mama was shocked! After our fertility problems that first time around, we just never thought it would happen naturally.
So I will jump right into a little Q&A.....
1. Only 1 baby? I had an ultrasound this week and yes, there was only 1 baby.
2. How far along am I? Initial estimates this week say I am 6 weeks.
3. What do the girls think about being big sisters? The girls are absolutely THRILLED to be big sisters. Right after we told them, they jumped into planning mode (hmmmm....wonder who they get that from?) and started listing all of the things we would need for a baby (crib, stroller, baby clothes, diapers etc). It was actually the cutest thing I've ever seen. The next step was to list off all of the things they were going to teach their baby brother or sister.
4. How have I been feeling? Pretty good. Other than being really tired and having cravings/aversions for certain foods, I've been feeling good. However, my sleep cycle has been totally jacked up this week. I am dead-tired by 9:00 p.m. but wake up after sleeping 3-4 hours and can't fall back to sleep. Initially, this was feuled by anxiety and planning that I could not turn off in my brain when I tried to go back to sleep. But, this cycle has continued and I'm really hoping I can get back to a full night's sleep soon.
5. What is the due date? Early October
I think that covers the basics. I am praying for a non-eventful, healthy pregnancy. Bed rest, pre-term labor, and an incompetent cervix are things I do not want to experience again! I have an appointment scheduled next month with my favorite high-risk Perinatologist who monitored my pregnancy with the girls.








29 comments:
congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have been checking in all the time - missing your posts - but totally understanding how REAL LIFE is more important than blogging. Did not expect to see such an exciting post today. WOW!!!!! I wish you all the best!!!
HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! totally wasn't expecting that! (i'm sure you weren't either! hahaha)
omg girrrrrrl! i'm so excited for you! holy jeeez! i'm in shock. oh, boy- this is gonna be fun. please keep us updated. can't wait to "experience" pregnancy again through your wit and humor.
congrats!!!!!!!
love you
suz
Congrats! Glad to see you back!
Oh. Casie, that is awesome.
Congratulation. I really, really hope that you find the time and energy to blog about this wonderful adventure.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and there is just one thing that I need to say,
Welcome to the triplets plus one club. :)
How awesome!! Congrats to you and Steve! The girls are going to be great big sisters.
!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited!! I know how awesome it is to have a surprise baby after struggling with infertility. Praying for an easy pregnancy and a happy, healthy baby!
eeekss!!! How exciting! Congratulations!!
What? What! How wonderful and exciting for everyone. Congratulations!
I hope you blog more during your pregnancy!
Wow!!! Amazing and exciting!! Congratulations. I am so happy for you.
Congratulations. So exciting.
Oh wow :) So happy for your family!! Been missing your posts too :) How exciting!!!
Wow, that is happy news. Congratulations Casey!
You are so lucky to have three little sets of hands to help you with the new baby.
Oh such fun!
Congratulations, this is fantastic news!!
This is just all sorts of awesome!!!
Just imagine if you are carrying a sweet lil boy. How perfect wold that be, not that another girl wouldn't be so much fun but a lil boy to seal the deal. Perfection!!
Congratulations! Here's to a full-term pregnancy!!
Congratulations!!!!!!
Amazing news to blog again!!!!!!!!
AHHHH!
I was just thinking about where you disappeared to the other day.
I am so happy your back and more then excited about your news CONGRATS!
Thanks everyone for all of your kind words!! Having support from my peeps helps take a little bit of the *shock* away :)
Yay!!!!! How absolutely wonderful!!! Congrats!
Congratulations!!! So happy for ya'll!!! What a blessing!
What wonderful news!! So much fun for the girls, this baby will have 4 mommies :0)
CONGRATS!!!!
Congratulations! How exciting....what a blessing this baby will be and what a beautiful family he/she is going to be blessed with! Your friend in East Texas, Pam
wow!!! I'm so excited for you! I hope your pregnancy is "normal" too!! I can't imagine what that would be like lol Can't wait for more updates!
I'm so excited for your family. Glad that you are feeling well. Think how easy ONE baby is going to be. :)
Congratulations Casey!! What a huge blessing and surprise! I pray for a smooth, healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby! Maybe this will be that take-home baby we all in the micropreemie world dream about! I am so happy for you! Now, keep updating your blog! :)
WAHOO!!! Congratulations! So very exciting. :D
Post a Comment