Monday, October 17, 2011

She's Here--Part 2

How has a month already passed since Abby has been born? Sheesh....was hoping to update the blog much sooner! Get ready for picture overload!


Mama at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. Sooo ready for the big day!


My c-section was scheduled for 6:30 a.m. on September 15th which meant we had to be at the hospital at 4:30. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep the night before. The surgery went smoothly and it was very surreal to be awake during the c-section. Completely different from the emergency c-section with my big girls where I was put completely under anesthesia. Abby came out crying and was with me in recovery and never left my side. What a miracle! We had lots of family come to visit that day and couldn't wait for big sisters to get out of school and come meet Abby.




I love this picture. Our FOUR girls!


Daddy and the girls.



Me and my besties taken with the camera phone. And yes, I'm still totally drugged up from the spinal block!


Lolo and Abby


Lola and Abby


Grandpa Hank and Abby



The cousins...all girls! I LOVE this picture.




Auntie Jodi and Uncle Craig with Abby



Our baby girl at 2 weeks old


Abby is a true blessing to our family! Hard to believe sometimes that we have 4 kids, but she was meant to be part of our lives. Amazing how I forgot all the little things....love the smell of a newborn baby, their tiny squeaks, the cuddles, the diaper blow-outs, and of course the middle of the night feedings. And Abby has a set of LUNGS when she gets mad! I seriously would not be surprised if the neighbors told us they could hear her crying. She just might be louder than her big sister Alyssa was.


We are adjusting. It is and will continue to be a challenge to address everyone's needs during the after-school hours. Getting homework done, dinner made, baths etc.... for the big girls when Abby needs me can be stressful if Steve isn't home from work, but we are managing. Several moms from my local mom's group have been gracious enough to bring dinner over the last 3 weeks. Such a lifesaver!

I will try my best to blog again before another month goes by!

9 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

She is so adorable!! I love the pic of all the girls together. They look like such great big sisters.

Jen said...

My heart just overflows with joy for you all.

Pam said...

She is just precious, beautiful head of hair! I know the girls are proud of their baby sister! Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your next post!

Rebecca said...

Wow that is one cute baby. I love feeling the love just by looking at the pictures... I absolutely love Alissa's smile in the picture of her and her sisters watch Daddy fix little Abby's hat. Congrats!

Annie said...

Awwww, she is precious!!!! Thanks for sharing and important moment of your life with us.

Take care.

God bless your family!!!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!! So happy for you all.

Hilary said...

She is sooo cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous, and her sisters look so happy!

-Holly

Stacemoe said...

So happy for ya'll. What a blessing. The big girls look so excited. Ya'll are a beautiful family!