Monday, June 4, 2007

Strawberry shortcake and other random pics

What better way to start a post than with a delicious looking dessert? You are looking at my husband who has developed an obsession for strawberry shortcake and has eaten it almost every night for the last 2 weeks. He's kinda weird like that....he'll hit something hard for a few weeks and then get sick of it and won't eat it again for years. So, if you are coming over to our house anytime soon, be ready to eat some strawberry shortcake. The boy has some Martha Stewart in him somewhere...he made the beautiful creation himself! Sorry for the big hair....that's the untamed version.



On to the girls...I have some random pictures from the last couple of weeks. The little stinkers continue to get into everything, including squeezing into small, cramped places. Riley thought it would be fun to try out the storage area underneath the stroller. That unhappy face is because she can't figure out how to get herself out of there. I had to take off one of the seats and pull her out from underneath like an auto mechanic.



As usual, Miss Makena has managed to climb her way into the stroller...mom's heart is beating a little more quietly since we are on the carpet and not looking at hard tile down below in case she falls....these girls need helmets and kneepads! That's Riley in the storage area below having a serious "conversation" with Lissy.


Here we are on Saturday night, fresh out of the bath. Daddy is working out in the backyard, momny runs back upstairs to pick up the wet bath towels...I'm gone for 2 minutes. My 3 darling daughters somehow manage to get the fireplace open and Riley climbs in to check it out. Imagine Steve's surprise when he walks in the house and the girls are downstairs by themselves with Riley in the fireplace and two jealous sisters clawing at each other trying to get in with her. The fireplace is now toddler proof!

The "after" picture. They know they got it open once and are putting their heads together to do it again. They know mom and dad are NOT smarter than three 21 month olds.

The girls playing with Evan in his sandbox...this is a rare picture of Evan smiling for me because he is so shy! At times, the girls can be quite overwhelming for poor Evan as they come over and try to play with all of his toys and get in his space. Hmmmm....I wonder if he'll mind so much in about 16 years?


Auntie Jessica (Evan's mommy) with Lissy. It's so great to live right next door to my best friend who I have known since I was 13 years old! Luckily for us, her backyard has grass, a sandox and a baby pool so we love to make ourselves at home until daddy finishes our yard.



Riley and Makena are modeling their new play shoes. Apparently, "crocs" are the hot item for toddlers this year, since they are selling like crazy at Babies R Us.


My dad and stepmom came to visit last weekend and helped us take the girls to the park. Riley and Alyssa enjoyed the swings with Grandpa and Nana!

My niece Katie was lucky enough to get a kiss from Lissy. She has started to give kisses away more readily these days. Melts my heart everytime!

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Casey,
Love these selections! I can't believe Riley got herself into that basket under the stroller! Wow. And the fireplace...I don't think I could love the captions with the pictures more, as I'm pretty sure my twins think they are smarter than Jeff and I. Persistant is more like it. Ever since I had to baby proof my kitchen MONTHS AGO they've walked around the kitchen daily pulling on each cupboard to see if maybe, just maybe one will mysteriously open. I'd love to see those smart little peanuts of yours in action!!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Casey,
I love all the pictures! you did a wonderful job with the posts. my kitchen too is baby proofed, i never had to with my singletons, but with the twins, they were always one step ahead of me, probably because there were two of them and one of me, so i can only imagine what it would be like with three of them and one of me....lol. anyway, i hope you have a great week!

Laura said...

Casey,
I love the pictures of your girls in action. I too can relate to the mayhem. I have to admit to leaving a cabinet unlocked (and been sorry for it) or leaving an important thing down within their reach (like my ipod). Always on your toes. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how wonderful your girls are doing, how busy and normal they all are. 25 weeker miracles!

Kelly said...

And I thought my house was crazy w/one 27 month old and a dog...Maybe we can catch up once I have baby girl #2 in Oct. Love the pix of the girls.

Mary Franks said...

Hey Casey... Remember me? It's hard to believe that those two skinny little 13 year olds I met all those years ago are now mommys (you & Jessica). Your girls are adorable. I don't know how you do it, my grandson exhausts me when I have him but THREE? It's good to see that the girls are doing so good. Take care and much love.... Mary