This is what I used to do on summer vacation! Despite the fact that I will probably only get through 1 book (maybe) this summer, I wishfully bought 7 books last week in 2 totally separate moments of weakness. I love to read and stockpiling books is a favorite obsession of mine! I didn't even need these 7 books since I have 2 boxes of unread books sitting in my closet. But the books in the boxes aren't the latest releases, which has brought us to the current purchases. These weren't even books I wanted and I haven't even heard of some of the authors. DAMN that Borders store for putting the display OUTSIDE so that people walking by can get sucked in by the cheap books on sale for $4.99. Mission accomplished. They found their sucker. Tuesday, June 26, 2007
What was I thinking?
This is what I used to do on summer vacation! Despite the fact that I will probably only get through 1 book (maybe) this summer, I wishfully bought 7 books last week in 2 totally separate moments of weakness. I love to read and stockpiling books is a favorite obsession of mine! I didn't even need these 7 books since I have 2 boxes of unread books sitting in my closet. But the books in the boxes aren't the latest releases, which has brought us to the current purchases. These weren't even books I wanted and I haven't even heard of some of the authors. DAMN that Borders store for putting the display OUTSIDE so that people walking by can get sucked in by the cheap books on sale for $4.99. Mission accomplished. They found their sucker.
Labels:
books,
mommy stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
HA HA HA! Until I got my Ipod I had only read two books since my twins had arrived (thats like almost 3 yrs) With four kids, laundry for six, well my free time is limited. Once I discovered that I could upload books on cd to my ipod (from the library for free). I am happy to report that while I fold laundry, clean house, work out, etc... I can listen to my books. I have now heard five books in 6 weeks, hows that for improvement? You are so funny!
I couldn't see all the book titles but I can see Is Anybody Out There. Marian Keyes is so much fun to read (easy, enjoyable page turner). This one was very good. The other one I found by her was something about a Watermelon in its name. Very funny. Another funny author is Laurie Notaro. Oh my God! Hilarious! The Glass Castle... another must read but not very funny. From one bibliophile to another....KEEP READING... it is certain to keep you sane. Miss you already XO
One thing I've never given up with all my children is my love of reading. One of the silver linings to being in the hospital was reading to my hearts content. I still read a ton. The Kite Runner is excellent, and right now I'm reading Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier which I really like so far. Let me know what you read and what's good as I'm always looking for more diverse, enjoyable literature. A bibliophile is never a sucker!
Oh, I contacted the girl who did your blog design to perhaps design something for mine with a circus theme. What do you think?
And I didn't even know Marian Keyes had a new one..I'm next ..pass it next door. I may get through it within the year! Ha Ha...I am amazed that you make time to read..You rock!!
Too many unread books, not enough time--although I do my fair share of reading! Finally had to stop the book club, but they keep sending the monthly flyers. Have to toss without opening so I won't be tempted. Therefore, I'm not up on the latest "must reads." Now I feel like I'm missing out--it's a vicious circle! Let me know if there are any that I shouldn't miss.
P.S. Love your new look!
Post a Comment