Monday, July 23, 2007

Don't do anything cute!

I searched the house high and low today looking for our digital camera. It went missing sometime between Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't quite remember the last time I used it, but knew it had to be somewhere in the house since we were indoors escaping the hot weather most of the weekend.

Since giving birth to my trio, I have become a bit scatter-brained and the piles of clutter located strategically around the house does not make matters any easier. I figured I must have set the camera down while putting clothes away, so I searched through my closet in between the piles of clothes I just put away...not there. It wouldn't surprise me if I set it down next to the groceries while I was unloading them so I looked in the cabinets and the fridge...not there. I looked on the kitchen counters about 20 times and on the changing table where I typically throw stuff....not there. Did one of my girls walk away with it and hide it somewhere? I look underneath the couch, inside our t.v. stand and in the closet where they play...not there.

By this time, nanny Mariya is helping me look. She asks, "You couldn't have put it in the diaper pail by accident could you?" Lord help me, I hope not. The garbage was picked up on Thursday so if I have to go dig through the garbage, I will. Let's save that for our last resort though. We decide that maybe Steve took it to work with him, so I run upstairs and send him an email.

Me: "Sorry to bug you, but do you happen to know where the camera is? Thought maybe you took it to work with you."

Hubby: "Nope, haven't seen it. Maybe one of the rats put it behind the couch or something."

Yah, you read that right. Occassionally, we lovingly refer to our children as rats. Or crumbsnatchers. Or monkeys. Or animals.

Great, so hubby hasn't seen it either. Now I am hoping that my girls don't do anything cute, because I am out of a camera and can't capture the moment. The anxiety is building and I am seriously contemplating a drive into town to buy a new camera. Hello! I am a blogging mama and can't live without a camera.

By this time, Alyssa is waking up from her morning nap and I go up to get her from her crib. I move one of the larger stuffed animals out of my way in front of the crib. Hello! There's the camera.

Mama rat forgot that she hid it underneath the stuffed animals when we were playing so that her baby rats wouldn't play with it. Oops.


Here's a cute pic of my innocent rats.

7 comments:

Laura said...

You and I are a lot alike is this respect. I often "hide" things from myself in my efforts to keep them safe. I am glad you found the camera, you seriously could not live without that very long! Oh and I miss morning naps.

The Pruetz Family said...

Love it! I hide things from myself all the time, all over the house. You're not losing it -- you're a mom of multiples!

Our girls also go by "monkeys," as well as, "carpet sharks," and "monsters."

Casey's trio said...

LOL...I love "carpet sharks"
Haven't heard that one before!

Claremont First Ward said...

So funny. Glad you found your camera in time to catch the picture posted. Your girls are looking so golden brown from that CA sun!

Malena said...

Your girls are SOOOOO cute! I totallt know what you mean by being scatterbrained since having triplets. I used to think I was pretty smart. I used to have a great paying job using my brain. Now it's all mush. But oh, so much fun raising the babies!

hi my name is mommy said...

Oh gosh, they are so friggin cute! I know what you mean about that where's my camera anxiety. I also have it with my keys, my credit cards, and every cordless phone in our house! LOL

Teresa said...

I know the scatterbrained feeling. Sometimes I think I'm truly losing my mind.

Glad you found it, we can't do without pictures of your little ones for too long.

(We also having loving names for our children...little terrors, turkey butts, etc. etc.)