After reading one of my favorite triplet blogs this morning, I was inspired to make some homemade playdough for the girls. After all, we know that the same old toys and the same old routine gets boring after awhile right? So after whipping up a batch of blue playdough, we brought the girls outside to test it out. It was a hit with the kiddos and even better, I feel just a tad bit crafty.



Evan (BF Jess's son) came over to play with us!
As usual, Alyssa, wanders off to do her own thing while the rest of us played. She did wander back over to us eventually.Here is the playdough recipe I used
1cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp food color
Mix all ingredients in a pan over low heat
Stir for approx. 7-10 minutes
Mixture will start to thicken
Take out of the pan just before it looks ready (it will be slightly too moist)
Cool for 10 minutes







8 comments:
I wish Jenna liked this stuff but she is too concerned about the mess to have fun. :oP
You could actually make an organic version of the Playdoh. That would be so cool. Next time I visit we'll have to make some.
There is nothing quite like homemade playdoh. Here's a fun little snack that might be fun to do with your girls....get a big ziplock bag and put whatever instant pudding mix in the bag with the directed amount of milk. Instead of whipping it like the boxed directions say, let the girls each take a turn shaking it up until it thickens.
whatever mix you have around the house is what I meant to say. I'm terrible about proofing my comments. You've probably noticed by now. Sorry!
Lordy -- I won't be winning "Mother of the Year" this year. You're making me look bad! ;)
Looks like fun, though. Thanks for the recipe! Maybe I'll be inspired sometime soon!
Looks like fun! I used to think I couldn't make this... but (Erin) I promise its easy and SO cheap. The girls are adorable. I love how even at this young their individual personalities are showing so much (ie Alyssa).
oh how fun! And it's edible just in case. I will have to dig up some craftiness and try that:)
You are just too crafty. I can't be your internet friend now.
"Hi, my name is Teresa, and my kids play with store bought play-doh".
JK. Looks like everyone enjoyed it!
Post a Comment