Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Getaway

Steve and I made it home from our trip to Redondo Beach. We had a great time but missed the girls terribly! When we walked in the front door at home it seemed as if they had grown in the 3 days we had been gone.

Nanny Mariya took great care of the girls over the weekend and spoiled us as she sent us on our way Friday morning. Steve and I drove to Redondo Beach, which can take anywhere from 6 to 9 hours to get there depending on traffic and stops along the way. Mariya was so thoughtful and packed us a bag of our favorite snacks and a cooler full of water, sodas and even a Starbuck's frappucino to keep Steve awake on the road.
Mariya, you are the best...thank you!


We stopped for lunch at Harris Ranch in Coalinga on the way there. Steve always raves about the steaks he gets at this place when he drives to L.A. for work. Unfortunately, our supposedly quick lunch turned into a 2 hour detour. Something was up with the kitchen and our meals took about an hour to get out to us. However, because of the wait, they comped the entire meal, including the 2 drinks I had while we waited.

Steve had to send some emails for work before we left Harris Ranch, so I took a picture of him working on his day off.

We made it to Redondo Beach around 6:30 on Friday night...traffic on the 405 in L.A. was horrendous. We enjoyed dinner with Steve's extended family and walked the pier at the beach.

The wedding wasn't until 5:00 on Saturday, so we were able to enjoy most of the day doing whatever we wanted. I was able to get a massage on Sat morning. Wow...2 massages in a month. I'm sure that will hold me over for awhile. It was really relaxing.


Steve's cousin Aimee, was the beautiful bride.


Aimee and Nate, bride & groom

At the reception with my mother-in-law


Me and the hubby....
I can't count how many times we get asked the question of whether or not we are going to have more kids. My answer? Hell no. I mean that in the nicest way....love my kiddos more than anything, but it sure is alot of work. Steve's answer? Yes, let's try for a boy! I had to laugh when his mom was there listening to us tell someone our differing opinions about more kids and she was shaking her head saying, "no more..three is enough son."



Steve comes from a very big, Filipino family. Aimee, the bride, is one of 11 children and she is a twin. Her twin sister, Aileen, was the Maid of Honor, and gave the most beautiful speech about growing up as a twin and the special bond that the two of them share. Of course, I thought of my girls and hope they grow up loving each other and being the best of friends.


9 comments:

My name is Tammie said...

Oh I am so jealous of your relaxing vacation. The pictures look like it was a beautiful wedding. Glad you guys had a good time.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm still laughing about the "hell no" part of your post about having more children. I feel the same way about my children most of the time. Not meant in a bad way, but those little piglets are WORK! :)

I'm officially jealous of your massages, and thrilled that you had such a great vacation. The wedding looked so lovely! You didn't say how badly you missed the girls though. Was it really hard, or easier once there was some distance?

The Pruetz Family said...

What a great trip, despite the ridiculous drive. I'm glad you were able to get away and that your homecoming was so wonderful!

Casey's trio said...

We missed the girls SO much. Fortunately, Steve had his laptop and we stalked our own blog daily:) So glad I put videos on it because we watched those a couple of times...funny, because you always daydream about getting away and then the kids were all we could think about!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

glad to see you had a safe trip. looks like you had a blast. i'm sure you were happy to get home to the kids too though! welcome home!

Laura said...

Maybe you edited your post, because the first thing I read was just how much you missed your girls!

I am glad you had a nice weekend. It is so nice to get away and refill your tank. I also enjoyed hearing about your sister in law twins, its nice to hear that kind of relationship. I am not a twin but am very close to my sisters, they are my best friends. It's really the best! Oh and the nanny is a keeper!

Teresa said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! It's so nice to get away, but then it's always nice to come back.

It's funny how things return back to normal after being home for approximately 5 minutes.

Claremont First Ward said...

I missed the part of missing them terribly....sorry!

hi my name is mommy said...

So glad to see you had a great time:) The wedding looks beautiful. I stalked my own blog while I was gone to...how funny!