Friday, August 31, 2007

Tricycles

The girls LOVE their new tricycles. Their legs are a wee bit too short to be able to make the pedals go all the way around, but I'm sure they will be perfect for them in a couple of months.

That is if Steve hasn't trashed them by then.

The girls have fallen off of the trikes a handful of times and daddy's first response is to threaten that he is going to throw them away because the girls are going to hurt themselves.

Then I have to respond by asking him how are they ever going to learn to do anything if they don't have the opportunity. We pretty much have this conversation about every toy in the house. Steve wanted to get rid of "Tickle me Elmo" because the girls could fall on top of it and get hurt. If daddy had his choice, the girls would be housed in a bubble for the next 18 years.

I have to wonder...if they were boys, would he be as overprotective?

The girls were so in love with their trikes the night they got them, that when I told them it was time to go night-night, they layed their heads down on the handlebars. Lissy was already in bed so she missed the photo shoot!



7 comments:

Mama B said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!! There is always that something with daddies and their little princesses.

Teresa said...

Those are the cutest tricycles EVAH!! I understand why the girls just love them.

YES, there's a special bond with a daddy and their little girls...they can be VERY overprotective.

My name is Tammie said...

Awww, how cute! I bet they are pro's in no time.

Claremont First Ward said...

Adorable......my husband is MUCH more protective of the girls.....I'm guessing it's probably partly a gender issue.....then again, if you had boys they wouldn't been on bikes with pink streamers. he he

Claremont First Ward said...

Just a thought.....I wonder if "my name is mommy" s husband treats their daughter different from their two sons? HUM>>>>>>>>

hi my name is mommy said...

Lovin those tricycles! I am so glad mu Husband is not the only paranoid Daddy around. I swear, he is constantly pointing out potential hazards to me, and most of them are really far fetched. Silly Men!

Laura said...

My girls would go nutso over those trikes. I wish you lived closer...