Occasionally, the girls are able to have a few stolen moments of individual time with us and we get to treat them to things they normally don't get to do.....like sitting on the kitchen counter to watch daddy make pancakes. It would be impossible to allow all 3 of them up on the counter because six little hands grabbing at the hot stove and all the appliances is too overwhelming and difficult to prevent. Because the girls sleep in separate rooms, we have times when only one child is awake and I always like to make that time a little special. We are able to read a book without fighting for lap space or we can walk to the mailbox and not fight over the keys or who gets to carry the mail. I always say "Shhhh.....don't tell your sister!"
I realize that it won't be long before they start spilling the beans and telling each other about their alone time with mommy and daddy. It's not so easy to do now, but as the girls get older I really want to make sure they get that individual attention every once in awhile. For those of you with multiples or more than one child, have you found ways to spend time with your kids individually?









13 comments:
Too cute!
I don't know if you watch Jon & Kate Plus Eight... but they just did a show on this. They would have someone babysit 7 of the kids, and the 1 child would get to chose what they wanted to do that day (go rollerblading, go to a farm, etc.). It was really cute. The kids loved having a "special day" with mommy and daddy.
Casey, I'm not a mother to multiples, but you do such a wonderful job parenting your girls. I know in time their alone time with you or their daddy will be very special and adequate. Now that my children are just about grown they will make comments about something we did, just the two of us or with their dad and it may be something that didn't even cross my mind as something being that special. You are doing an excellent job, keep up the good work. A friend in East Texas, Pam.
I LOVE that you make such efforts for one on one time with the girls. We try to do so with our kids, too, but I'm not very successful. It seems to work best when Jeff has a "date" with the kids. He'll take one of them somewhere and they LOVE it.
I totally agree that this is hard to do! It is so fun to do special things with each of them though.
Such a cute pic!
It is wonderful that you make the special moments count with each of your girls. I know how special one on one time can be for everyone.
That picture is so cute. She looks SO happy to be helping daddy.
Oh those girls are so lucky to have you as parents!!!
And I don't know, maybe they will always keep those secrets...
My trips are only at six months but I love when one wakes up earlier from a nap or in the morning. I always feel quilty about not giving them all enough one on one time. Looks like it will never go away...lol.
Hi! I'm also a mother of triplets. I found your blog through another triplet mom blog. I just wanted to say that I think you've done a wonderful job telling your story! My girls turned 2 on March 1st. I have yet to write the pregnancy/NICU story, but after reading yours I really want to. Thanks for sharing!
Feel free to stop by my blog: www.campbellsoupy.blogspot.com
Jamie Ann....
What is your blog address? I love finding other multiple moms to chat with! Thanks for stopping by:)
That's exactly what we do... try to get alone time when one is awake while the others are sleeping. Those moments are few and far between at our house because they share a bedroom.
I am going to make a concerted effort to have alone time with our girls this summer while I'm off of school. I'm SOOOOO looking forward to it!!!
Here is my blog
http://www.myhope-myeverything.blogspot.com/
I love seeing other triplet moms out there surviving...lol.
You are such a good mommy!!! I love the way you parent your girls.
I agree.. it's actually kinda fun to just have one at a time once in a while.
XOXO
Gen
ps: Stacy (our child dev.spec) is going to have your girls for water th. this summer! you'll love her.. wish we could be in the same class!!!!!
that's wonderful how you manage time private time for each girl. I some time do too to my twin, but not so organized, just by accident.
it's good how they sleep in separated rooms, I don't have enough space in my house for that. but at least they are in separated class at school. my goal was for them not to depend on each other too much. seems it works.
oh, and, a baby sitting there is too frightening for me..
Post a Comment