Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's on the horizon


Potty training and preschool!

I am getting all geared up to start full blown potty training next week. The girls are very used to peeing on the potty, but are still in diapers, so it is time to get out of my comfort zone and see how they do on a regular potty schedule with big girl undies. I'm hoping this process isn't too painful since they have been going successfully on the potty a couple of times a day for at least 2 months. The girls have even started to tell me when they need to go. I'm all ready to go with my potty charts and watched this news clip about the "Potty Whisperer" just to get myself all psyched up.

Now pooping in the potty is a whole other can of worms. We've had two poops on the potty and one was by accident. They have shown little interest in pooping on the potty, but I'm hoping I can get them there in the next seven weeks.

Because that's when preschool starts! And the girls need to be potty trained to go to preschool. Nothing like a little pressure to get this procrastinating mama in gear. I've been looking into a 2-day a week preschool program that I think will be really good for the girls. A little learning and stimulation outside of our boring old house will be a great experience for them. I hope. And I need to sell an arm and a leg to pay for it.

(From left to right)

Lissy is all smiles thinking that potty training will be SO much fun.

Riley thinks it's hilarious that I expect her to poop in the potty.

Makena is just plain in shock.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Lot's of luck as you get ready for the next adventure. I am with you on paying for preschool. Two at once sounds unbearable, three would kill me! ((HUGS)) I am sure the girls will do great (wink wink).

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

good luck with your adventures in potty training, i am sure things will go wonderfully! and i think preschool will be so much fun for the girls. although, i am with you on paying for it, i always cringe when i think about 3 at once!

K said...

Good luck with the potty training! I love your descriptions of their facial expressions!

Claremont First Ward said...

Ha ha ha. Perfect thoughts on potty training, girls. Have you let them pick out their very own panties yet? Now is the best time to potty train......summer when they can run around in just underwear. Those disks that you put on the regular sized toilet work great (I'm assuming you are going to have to move on to the real toilet?) I'll have Jacob and John write them each a lettr than tells them how liberating it is to be diaper free. Here goes:

Riley: Pooping on the potty is great. Doesn't get all over your bum. I like to try to wipe my own butt, but it's off limits. I like to try when I can though. I wouldn't advise it.
Love, Jacob

Lissy: Don't worry. It's easy. You just have to remember to go when you ned to.

Love, Jacob and John

Makena: Whatever you do, don't pee on the carpet.
Love, John

Rachel said...

good luck with the potty training...

Love the picture they are absolutely beautiful!

Cecily R said...

Your description of their faces is priceless.

Good luck with everything. I can't even potty train one, so I have no advice. Just lots of good pooping in the potty vibes. :)

Shannon said...

I'm right there with you girl! We'll have to share notes on what works and what doesn't. I love that photo and the commentary that goes with it!