Monday, July 21, 2008

The anatomy of a migraine

Occasionally, I get migraines. Maybe four times a year. I have had a doozy of a migraine for the last 48 hours. It's still lingering. Thank God for my in-laws who came to the rescue last night since my husband is working out of town. And thank God for expired pain medication that was still in the cabinet from my c-section. The pain meds still work.

I've been asking myself why this migraine was so bad. Why it's lasting so much longer than others I've had in the past. I think it is a combination of things:

A) hormones (gotta love em')
B) My sinuses have been bothering me for a about 2 weeks
C) Car rides like this one


15 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh my gosh...ugh! what a car ride that must have been. poor riley! i hope your migraine disappears soon and you feel better. thank goodness for expired pain pills and in-laws!

Kelly said...

I get them too, though more often than four times a year. They are horrible. I am here if you need me.

My name is Tammie said...

Oh man. I am glad you are starting to feel better. Maybe completely avoiding the car would be a good idea. Or better yet, completely avoiding the girls? Hows that?

Kerith Collins said...

holy cow...thank god i am not the only one! i don't get migranes...but I have had heartburn non-stop for about 3 years now...gotta love your kids!
no...really...they say you have to...i don't know who THEY are but that is what they say.
kerith

girlytwins said...

OMG!!! That is a priceless video. I love how happy Alyssa is about the tormenting and how unaffected McKenna is. Poor Riley. She is so upset. My Addison does the same thing to Charlotte every so often. It usually happens in the bathtub at our house.

girlytwins said...

Hope you feel better soon :)

K said...

Aw, poor Riley. Is Makenna trying to hold Riley's hand there at the end? How sweet.

I'm sorry about your migraine. I know all about them. I hope you get rid of it soon.

Rachel Dominguez said...

funniest video...oh how i feel for you. They are all so adorable no matter what they do to each other.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Rachel

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. poor Riley! Alyssa sure had that mischievous smile on her face the whole time ! How did you film that while you were driving? just curious!

Jen said...

I have had car rides like that too. They start picking on each other at a very young age.
This is why I usually have my iPod head phone in and my music turned up.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better soon.

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Oh, poor RiRi. Begging her sissy to stop, but hey, what can you do? Hope your migrane goes away soon.

Casey's trio said...

Pacheny,

I was filming the girls from the passenger's seat...my hubby was driving!

Shannon said...

Oh no! That looks strangely familiar. SO much so that I have my girls standing here begging to see it again. Poor Riley! Makena was so sweet trying to comfort her sissy though.

loren said...

I know that was horrible to live through, but at least you got it on video! That was really cute how Makena tried to comfort her, too.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your migraines? I have helped a lot of patients become migraine-free without the side effects of medication. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.