History is not my cup of tea. My brain just doesn't hold onto facts. I make room for information I can use now...like when the next season of "The Hills" is starting or the lyrics to "Pocketful of Sunshine".
My husband on the other hand, knows a little bit about everything. He loves to watch the History Channel. Sometimes I try to join him, but my eyes glaze over after about 2 minutes and I just hear "Wah-wah-wah." He'll ask me a question about the show and I'm like, "Huh? Oh, I wasn't playing attention."
Last night, we watched "The Bucket List". It's a cute, feel-good movie eventhough you know the main characters are dying. Morgan Freeman's character is a fact-spewing, Jeopary loving guy and they feature the show a few times during the movie. Steve and I couldn't help but shout out the answers to the questions we knew.
My husband can tell you that some dude named Tesla invented the radio.
Ahem.
While I on the other hand, can tell you that the two characters on Sesame Street who have been roomates for years.....are Bert and Ernie.

We're a match made in heaven.







12 comments:
My husband is the king of random trivia too. He will pull answers out of no where and I am always like, how do you know that?
We just saw that same movie, so I totally feel ya! I SUCK at all things trivia, Ack!
I know random pop trivia and 70's & 80's songs that no one else remembers. I'm a geek that way. LOL
Mary,
I can totally handle pop culture trivia and music...it's the history facts and random stuff that loses me!
My dad, brother and I always like to play a game where we name which group or person sings a song that comes on the radio. It drives my sister-in-law crazy!
Jon and I are the same way! He knows dates and history and trivia and I know most of the script to Robin Hood. :)
ooh I hate ernie, he always make bert upset!
haha, my husband is fantastic at jeopardy...me? not so much!
we just rented that movie. still haven't watched it though.
I watched the Bucket List with my dad recently.
I think we must think alike (have I told you how many times I've written a comment only to look up and see that you've already written the SAME EXACT thing?) because we are married to men who think alike. Jeff just absorbs information, too. He can even remember totally abstract things like how to do calculus. I make sure to always be on his team when we play games. :)
I am with you. I want to be more knowledgable in history but my brain just won't accept the information. What's a history dim-whit to do?
Okay I need to see that movie (did you send it back??) It would be so boring if our husbands were just like us. Think of all the random facts he has taught you.
Oh yeah, well I know all my ABCs and the sounds they make, as well as every animal sound on the planet (or more like: every animal sound in the American Midwest).
I'm good if it's multiple guess. If I have to pull the answer from my bum, I'm outta luck! Unless it's "The banister by the garage door..." "What is: The place my husband left his wallet and keys."
My husband and I are the same way. I try and convince myself that he holds on to the useless info and I have the info that can save lives...LOL.
Post a Comment