Friday, July 25, 2008

Photostory Friday and 5 year anniversary

Saturday will be the fifth wedding anniversary for Steve and I. He proposed on Father's Day weekend in June of 2002 with both of our immediate families there (which is why we have pictures)! Steve had asked my dad's permission to propose about a month earlier knowing that we had this family trip planned in Monterey to celebrate Father's Day.

He proposed near the 18th green on Pebble Beach golf course. It was a beautiful afternoon. I was shocked! We celebrated our engagement with a big family dinner at Roy's (Spanish Bay). If you are ever vacationing in the Monterey area, it is a restauraunt you want to visit for the beautiful ocean view and great food.

Our ceremony was at The Cathedral of The Blessed Sacrament which is a historic church built in 1889. We were lucky enough to be one of the last weddings held in the church before it was closed for 18 months to be renovated.

The church is located near the State Capitol in Sacramento and many of our wedding pictures were taken on the grounds of the Capitol. This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.

Happy Anniversay Steve! I never would have imagined we would be living the life we are today 5 years ago, but we are blessed beyond measure with our 3 little girls. Thanks for working as hard as you do for our family.

Now, which family friendly restauraunt would you like to have our anniversary dinner at?



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy fifth wedding anniversary! You look so beautiful on your wedding day!

I am new at PSF and my entry can be read HERE. Please stop by if you have some time. Happy weekends!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you two Casey. I hear if you call early enough Chuck E. Cheese makes reservations. LOL How your eating out choices change when you have kids huh? Enjoy your day you deserve it.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Casey, I found you through Jessica. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated ours this week too. The cathedral is gorgeous.

Head Gaggler said...

Beautiful shots and Happy Anniversary. Gosh that's a gorgeous cathedral.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Congratulations on your 5yr anniversary!! You made a beautiful bride and your husband made a handsome groom.

Suzanne said...

hey congrats to you 2 love birds!!!i LOVED getting to see some wedding photos---casey, you looked so pretty!!! hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

K said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!!

Pam said...

Happy anniversary! Wedding looked beautiful, love the church, wow! You'll are a beautiful family! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey! Congratulations! You looked so pretty on your wedding day. This is our anniversary weekend too! 17 years on Sunday. And I was proposed to at Pebble Beach (very near Monterrey) and married on a hot day in a old (beautiful) church in Sacramento. Very funny that we never knew this about each other.

Anonymous said...

OMG... Just re-read your post... we were proposed to on the same spot...except I was in the restaurant overlooking the 18th hole!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy (almost) 5th anniversary!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Happy Anniversary. You've gotten alot done in 5 short years! :) Your wedding pictures are gorgeous and I love the proposal photos, too.

The McNulty Family said...

YEAH! Happy Anniversary you guys!!

You are such a beautiful couple with such a BEAUTIFUL family.

I love the Cathedral... nice choice!!!

Congratulations on 5 years and MANY big surprises!!

We love you all!
Hugs
Gen
ps: btw.. I laughed out loud and gagged a little on my coffee at the last line. Isn't it so funny how much life changes. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great post and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Jaysi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We just had our 6 year two weeks ago. Isn't amazing how time flies. That church is breath taking, and you were a beautiful bride. Enjoy a night out on the town!

tiarastantrums said...

Beautiful!
That church is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Chuck E Cheese has some really good pizza.

Hilary said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

You looked beautiful in all the pictures and the church is simply amazing....have a great weekend :)

Claremont First Ward said...

HOW did I miss this one? Am I losing my mind?
http://momdumchronicles.blogspot.com/2008/07/this-is-why-you-have-to-love-your-kids.html

I love how Makena is just in her own little world ignoring what is commonplace. (If they are like my kids that is)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful photos! How cool to have shots of the proposal!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary to you! You look so beautiful and that church, wow!

guinnf said...

Wow! What a beautiful church and dress. That is an amazing story. Happy fifth wedding anniversary! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

Kimberly and the GA Guinn Triplets
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

My name is Tammie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Congrats on 5 years of togetherness, and here's to many many more.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

WOW happy anniversary - that's just wonderful

Rachel said...

happy anniversery! the pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! haha...chuck e. cheese that's funny mary but true it is definitely family friendly ;0)

Cecily R said...

Casey!! Happy Happy HAPPY Anniversary! I love your story and the pictures are so great (I'm jealous that you have pictures of that moment...such a great capture)!

Is it weird that your story gave me happy goosebumps??

KatBouska said...

These pictures are so sweet! I love that he asked your Dad before doing the deed in front of your family. You must have been like, "what the heck!?!" And what an awesome spot!!

ps I love this Randy Travis song!!

KatBouska said...

Ummm...maybe I really AM losing it...I actually have mamahuts blog open right now and SHE has Randy Travis playing...I'll be sure to tell HER I love the song, but it couldn't hurt for you to know as well. ;)

Gallagators said...

Aww!! Happy 5th!! I enjoyed the pics!!

latree said...

aw! so sweet!

latree said...

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY..

Shannon said...

So great! What a sweet proposal and beautiful wedding. You looked gorgeous as well!

Happy fifth!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful church! And bride, of course. Happy Anniversary :)

girlytwins said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful proposal. You have a great guy on your hands :) Your wedding pics are beautiful. And I can think of worse places to eat than Chuck E Cheese... LOL.

Andria said...

Wow! Beautiful! I've been many a bridesmaid at The Cathedral (my brother, then my husband's sister's wedding). We "honeymooned" in Monterey in 1997. Love it there...so beautiful.

Happy Anniversary!