Thursday, July 10, 2008

Photostory Friday and Monkey Munch

Recently, a fellow blogging mom coordinated a recipe exchange over email and I happily participated since I am always up for new meal ideas. Of course, the first recipe I decided to make was filled with chocolate and other sugary goodness. I do have my priorities! A big thanks to Ashley for including me in this exchange (her blog is private so I'm not linking you to her).

This is very easy to make and your kids can help too!

Monkey Munch (a.k.a. Puppy Chow)
Serves: 6-8
9 cups Chex cereal (Rice or Corn)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter**
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

**I used almond butter instead of peanut butter because one of my girls is allergic to peanuts and it still tasted great!

Directions:
Put cereal in large bowl. In a small cooking pot, melt chocolate chips,
peanut butter, and butter on low to medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat. Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.



Riley found another use for the powdered sugar!

"Whatchu talkin' bout mama?"

Makena--giving me attitude

My 3 monkeys making a total mess on my kitchen floor while waiting for the monkey munch to cool.



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

28 comments:

Cecily R said...

That last shot makes me smile. Those girls find joy in just about everything don't they?

Great PSF and looks like a fun recipe that I should try with my kids!!

Maggie May said...

Great pictures. I bet those little girls keep you on your toes!

loren said...

I notice you left off the photo where you strapped sponges to the girls' hands and made them sop up the sugar, lol.

We used to call that stuff puppy chow. It is SO GOOD. Yummm...

Kristen said...

I just amde this a week or so ago, it is so yummy. Your girls are looking awfully big these days, they are gorgeous.

KatBouska said...

Sounds yummy. And how cute that they are having so much fun with it!

Robyn said...

Looks like the powdered sugar was a hit. Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh they are SO cute! And mmmm...chocolate...

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of your "monkeys" and I am so excited to see the recipe for this. At a women's retreat that I went to one they had this and oh.my.gosh. YUM! They called it "dog chow" though and I have not been able to find it called that. I am so making this.

United Studies said...

It looks extremely messy and extremely good!!

Upward Falling Autumn said...

Too cute! Mmmmmm Momkey munch...

K said...

I love that Monkey Munch stuff! I'm seriously going to have to make me some soon. Some of my other online friends were just talking about this yesterday... but they called it Puppy Chow. :)

Philigry said...

that sounds so darn good! i will have to try it!

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Thank YOU for participating! I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks YUMMY!!! Anything chocolate and I'm gonna LOVE it! Looks like it was fun to make too! :)

Ash

Dana said...

mmmm....puppy chow.
Too cute about the girls.

The Apron Queen said...

What cute monkeys! And the recipe sounds wonderful. :)

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

That sounds pretty yummy! The last picture of your daughters is a riot. Fun stuff!! :D

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I just LOVE your monkeys. And I have ALWAYS wanted the munch recipe! So thank you for that!

Anonymous said...

we LOVE monkey munch!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

fun pictures of your little girls enjoying the fun of making something to eat!

Mamarazzi said...

CUTE girls, CUTE PSF...fun stuff!

thanks for stopping by my blog. i am lovin' this PSF stuff...new bloggy friends YAY!!

Jenny said...

first off..your girls are too cute! i just love the pictures.
i just made monkey munch and it was quite sugary but really yummy too!
happy pow!

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Yum, I love puppy chow! What's even better is the look on a person's face when they ask what you're eating and you reply, "Oh, just some puppy chow" Love the sugary pictures of the girls!

Jessica said...

MMMMmmmm..thanks for the treat. Next time we'll make it and share with our neighbors. I do love when you try new recipes:).
I love the pic of Ri Ri with powdered sugar all over her nose..

Rose said...

Mmm, glad I stopped by for photo story. I'm going to have to try that!

Angelique said...

Your girls are adorable!! And I'm going to have to try that recipe - it looks like y'all have fun making it :)

Anonymous said...

That is easily about the best snack in the world.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm definitely going to have to make this. Your monkey's always make me smile.

Cindy said...

OMG Monkey Munch sounds delicious!!! Cute pics!