Thursday, July 17, 2008

Photstory Friday and I'm not sure why I bother

I try. I really do. I take the extra time to try and manage their hair.


But a few hours later (if it lasts that long), it looks like this.

Most of the time, I look into my rearview mirror while driving somewhere and all 3 of my monkeys have pulled out their rubberbands and clips that took me an extra 20 minutes to put in place. So if you know us in real life and we show up to some event and my girls look like disheveled children being raised in a barn, you know why. It just feeds into the "Wow, you've got your hands full" mentality that moms with multiples seem to fall into as soon as the babies are conceived.

Stay tuned for more from The Toddler Hairstyles of the Cute and Tameless


PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

27 comments:

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

That's too cute, but can get frustrating after you take the time to do it.

Cora said...

See, I should be thankful that Amelia still doesn't have enough hair to do anything with!

But they do look really cute with their hair done.

Jessica said...

They are beautiful regardless:))).Maybe if we made them cutie banana clips with beads they would keep them in. What do you think?

Cecily R said...

They are just cute as bugs either way! My fear about not knowing how to do girl hair was all for nothing. Neither of my girls has much to speak of. :)

P.S. Your girls have such GREAT hair!!!

Neutral Dwelling said...

That made me smile. How cute!

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I SOOOOO understand. I may not have it happen with three kids but my daughter always does this. Little bum.

Anonymous said...

I think kids just have a thing for messing with hair and making it the opposite of what it was.

The Apron Queen said...

Too stinkin' cute. My girls do same thing. :)

Stop by for our latest adventure: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/moody-gardens-in-galveston-texas.html

latree said...

I can imagine how you did it.
your angels have beautiful hair, even if you do nothing about it

Kelly said...

I just fell out of my chair!

Dana said...

She is cute!
My little girl did the same thing. It was so frustrating. Now she won't let me do anything unless SHE wants too.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I hear ya! In fact I rarely "do" hair because I know in 5 minutes it will be out and everywhere! I figure one day that hair will matter and then I'll give it a go. Savanna is 10 and well she finally wants something done with her hair! But even she can't go all day with it up and nice! :)

tommie said...

First time to visit from MamaGeek's...

how cute....that is alot of hair to be messing with every day.

The Pruetz Family said...

Ha! I totally get this story! I just gave up on my girls's hair. Their hair is so fine (still like a newborn's -- no exaggeration) and nothing stays in there. And even if I use a ton of hair spray to keep things in, they just yank them out.

We were at the park today and I told another mom there that I can dress 'em up, but can't take 'em out. They just always look like little ragamuffins.

Laura said...

You deserve a medal.Any mother of triplets does! She looked so cute. I really really recommend the real rubberbands (come in rainbow colors and black). Believe me those HURT to pull out. My girls would never dare take them out because its painful. I just snip them out when its time. If I used the other kind we would and have had the same problem.

Ryanne said...

I am pretty sure I wouldn't even bother with the hair...I was one of those kids that had it out before it was finished being put up! your girls are very cute!

Cindy said...

HA HA! I love it!

Susan said...

Very cute, but I am sure frustrating. My daughter is only 5 months old but I am pretty sure, based on her personality so far, that those days are in my future.

My name is Tammie said...

OMG I am dying! That is hilarious!!! She looks so cute either way but it sure is funny.

Anonymous said...

I gave up and ended up cutting my girls hair really short, in cute bobs! It made life a lot simpler! I think your girls would look great in bobs. There are pretty headbands and clips that you can accesorize a short haircut with too. Try it! And, remember, hair does grows back if you dont like it! Another tip, use some hair gel when styling the "do's", will help hold the loose hairs in place ! Good luck, mama!

Kim said...

I totally understand that. My girls hair is curly and most of the time unruly. Same thing I'll fix it real cute and it's a mess soon after!! lol!

Unknown said...

Heck the only way I could fix my daughter's hair was when she was sleeping. I cannot even imagine trying to fix 3 girls' hair.

girlytwins said...

We have the same problems. Although my girls don't have as much hair as yours do. So my creations aren't as elaborate :) No pony ever makes it out of the car intake.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Okay, so I guess there is ONE bonus to having a boy - the hair non-issue. SO CUTE!!

loren said...

That's quite the scary transformation, lol!!!

That's why I chopped the girls' hair short :)

You know what's funny? She's still pretty damned cute in the second pic! Don't you hate that?

Jen said...

That is too funny. I only have one girl in my bunch and I try to make her look pretty. But it only lasts for a minute or two b/c one of the boys pulls it out.

Shannon said...

That is fab! I have the exact same problem. my girls have unruly hair too!