Once we got back from Lake Tahoe last week, the girls and I were pretty much housebound because of the horrible air quality due to the California fires that have been burning across the state. I had no excuse to not give potty training bootcamp another try. Since last Tuesday, the girls have been in underwear all day except for naps and bedtime. This week, Alyssa had a physical therapy appointment on Monday and Riley had a dentist appointment on Tuesday and they went out in big girl undies! It is such a learning experience to figure out what each girl’s potty habits are.
Riley went pee every time I put her on the potty on our outing Tuesday (4 times I think). I was SO proud of her! Her potty pattern is hard to figure out. Sometimes she holds it for quite awhile and other times it seems like she has accidents if she doesn’t go every 30 minutes. Most of the time, she is not telling me when she needs to go so I just try to put her on the potty regularly.

Alyssa tends to tell me she has to go more often and then she’ll sit on the potty and nothing comes out. She almost made it through a 4-5 hour outing on Monday totally dry. She went once while we were out and tried a couple more times, but ended up peeing her pants on the way home. She seems to be the most vocal about when she needs to go.

Makena takes after me and has a bladder of steel. Girlfriend can hold it for a long time. She has been wearing undies for the last week during naptime because I noticed that her diaper would be dry when she woke up. With her, it is all about control. If she doesn't feel like going, she'll put up a major fight about it. I have various tricks to get her to go. The best motivator is watching her sisters and seeing them with a reward. I have also noticed a few times that her diaper is dry in the morning, so I am planning on putting her in underwear at night soon to see how she does.
Tonight was the first time we have gone out somewhere with all 3 girls in undies. The girls had a water class through early intervention tonight so I threw all caution to the wind and headed out with extra undies and shorts and a potty chair in the back of the car just in case. With traffic, it takes 45 minutes to an hour to get to the class. The girls stayed dry on the way there and we even ventured out for dinner afterwards. They were totally dry for the car ride home and I even had two successful poopers before bed.
So for the moment, I feel like we are making progress. I have chosen not to use pull-ups at all, but just invested in lots of Elmo and Princess undies from Target....and the jumbo bag of M&M's from Costco and a freezer stocked with ice cream! We've also learned that Riley seems to be the most willing to share her ice cream treat with her sisters.










17 comments:
I think you are so smart not to do the pull ups. I think they can be confusing. Besides.....they ARE diapers, and that's what they are giving up. Congrats girls! Way to go!
I am against pull ups too, although we do use them at night (as diapers). I just did not want to buy diapers much anymore (though they are the same). The girls sound great. I do understand what a great amount of work it is simply taking the girls to the potty. It's down right stressful. I am glad to hear they are doing it though! Good for you!
Sounds like you have things going in the right direction. It seems if the child(ren) are ready potty training is a lot less complicated. It just takes extra time on your part....and you have three to handle at one time. You are doing a great job. The girls are just precious! Your friend in East Texas, Pam.
Hahahaha! The bare butt at the end cracks me up. If I don't pay close attention, one of my girls ALWAYS ends up running off without underwear on. Then I'll walk into the room and see bare buttcheeks staring at me and I have to laugh. No shame, I tell you. :)
Congratulations! It sounds like it's going well!
Woo Hoo Girls!
Pull Ups are GRODY to change. So not worth it.
Go Mommy! And Go Quilao girls! Awesome!
I'm taking mental notes here -- we're about to venture into the potty training stage of life. Lord help me.
I've pondered the thought of not using Pull-Ups. With your advice and others' comments, I think I'm SOLD in just using undies and regular diapers.
So proud of ALL of the Quilao girls! Potty training is a BIG DEAL for EVERYONE!
Please please please come here and help me! Your girls are YOUNGER and are doing so much better than my three demons. Um, hellions. I hate pee and poop so much. Have I ever mentioned that I have a white couch? Ugh.
Good for the girls. I love the butt shot. SO funny!
First, I must say that your girls are beautiful.
Congrats on the potty training! I was very nervous when we started with my son. It is a big step. I was reluctant to start but now glad its over.
I too have triplets. They are 13 months old now. You story is just amazing. You are truly blessed.
Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!
Tammie,
Don't beat yourself up. We are still having daily accidents, but we are moving in the right direction. The only reason that this is working is because my kids are cooperating...the 2 week break was good for us!
sounds like things are going well, way to go mama!!!
and way to go girls too!
WTG Girls!
We're starting with little one on potty training. Some days are easy and some days are hard.
WTG girls! I give you so much props. It must be potty chaos at times :)
My girls are finally showing interest and I don't think it will be long now. I am totally of the belief that they will do it when they are ready. I just hope its soon for you and I!
Post a Comment