Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of preschool

Hooray! We survived our first day of preschool. The logistics of getting everyone up, fed, dressed and out of the house has had me a little stressed out. We woke the girls up at 6:30 this morning, which is 1-2 hours earlier than usual. It also means that I just have to be extra organized the night before school and have everything ready to go for the morning.

The girls did great once we got to school. Steve took them out to the play area outside while I signed in Makena's Epi-pen for her peanut allergy and by the time I got outside a couple minutes the later, the girls were off playing and didn't look back.


Mom and the girls (Riley hiding behind me)

"This preschool thing is gonna be a piece of cake mom"
--Makena

"I love my new backpack mom!"
--Alyssa (who is sleeping with her backpack in her crib, just to make sure her sissies don't get it!)

"C'mon mom....it's waaaayyy to early for pictures."
--Riley

My goofy girls in the car after their first day.

A closer look at the t-shirts they wore. Their teachers said it was a huge help while they get to know the girls.




39 comments:

Cecily R said...

The shirts are BRILLIANT!! If you would please now only post pictures of them with the shirts I MIGHT be able to tell them apart!

I can't believe they are already big enough to go to preschool! That is just so exciting!!!!

Tabitha said...

Your girls are just gorgeous. Those T shirts are a great idea!!
Looks like they enjoyed their first day at pre school ~ what fun!!
love and hugs XXX

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

LOVE the shirts! What a great idea! I'm glad they enjoyed their first day of school! Did you get to have any fun while they were away?? Have a great week! :)

Ashley

Hilary said...

Love the shirts! 1st day of pre-school how exciting!!

Mandy said...

I love those shirts! Did you make them? Super cute! Love how you chronicled their first day...tomorrow will be our first day to kindergarten. I sure hope mine goes as happily as your girls!

carrhop said...

I LOVE that Alyssa slept with her backpack to keep it away from her sissies! In a household of 8 kids, the Sharpie Marker is the tool du jour for marking territory, particularly food and toothbrushes!!

The t-shirts are DARLING! Where did you find those? Would love some for my crew--
So glad the first day went well!

Thanks for your kind comments on the beach pics--they had so much fun!
Blessings!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love the shirts! they are adorable and such a great idea! bummmer...i can't get the video to qork :( anyway, glad to hear the 1st day went well!

Casey's trio said...

Hi all,

I bought the t-shirts online at thesillywagon.com. This website has got some REALLY cute stuff. I used the code:FUNKYTEE to get an extra 15% off too!

Octamom, I could write Alyssa's name all ove her backpack and she still would want to sleep with it. She's a hoarder!! And her sisters DO typically snatch things away from her so I can't blame her.

Anonymous said...

what a cute blog page! your girls are precious. and great idea with the shirts! i look forward to visiting your blog often! and so glad to hear that the first day of preschool went so well :)

Pam said...

How exciting, getting to be big girls! They are so cute! I love their shirts! Congratulations Mom on this big milestone! A friend in East Texas, Pam.

girlytwins said...

Adorable! I am SO happy it went well. They are so cute. Great idea on the t-shirts. I know teachers always comment on how I dress the girls the same when they take classes.

Unknown said...

I love the t-shirts! Echoing the other comments - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love the shirts SO much!

Anonymous said...

are they talking chinese in the video? how cute!

Anonymous said...

since they cant wear the same tshirt everyday to school...how bout name bracelets? or name tags pinned to shirt to help teacher identify them...

Casey's trio said...

Pratagirl,

No the girls aren't talking Chinese. They only speak English, but sometimes they get into this silly mood where they make-up words and come up with goofy answers when I ask them questions.

Anon,
Yep, we'll come up with some other way to identify the girls if needed. I don't think their teacher will have trouble once she has had them for a couple of weeks!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad it went so well. I love that you had them each wear a different colored T-Shirt, WITH their name on it. Smart, smart mommy.

Shannon said...

The t-shirts are awesome! They look so beautiful and grown up. Hooray, for a great first day!

Heather said...

The t-shirt idea is adorable!! I should start doing that for the twinfants. I feel sorry for their poor preschool teachers. One has earrings and the other doesn't and the teachers have to chase them around and lift up their hair.

Rhea said...

I love those t-shirts. Way too cute! Where did you get them?

Glad the first day went well. I would have been stressing over the logistics too.

The picture of you and your girls is too cute. :o)

Jaysi said...

Love preschool!!!! Today was our first day as well, but I only had one to get out the door! Is this their first year? Are they all in the same class? That must be crazy fun for their teacher.

The Voice from Shelbyville said...

Congratulations on your first day girlies! Love the t-shirts, but I agree with you Casey, after a couple weeks the teachers will probably have who's who down pat.

Genny said...

So cute! And those t-shirts are great!

Jen said...

Wow, can you believe it that you have kids in school? How time flies. They are so cute and the shirts are awesome. I so wish I had something like that here at camp. People are constantly asking me who is who and mine are not all the same sex

Rachel said...

Ah Casey they are growing up. Beautiful girls, I love their little voices so sweet! The shirts are awesome. I want some but the discount code didn't work for me. Go figure!! Haven't ordered yet any suggestions? Thanks for sharing the site they've got some really cute things.

P.S.
Your little sweeties cracked me up with their cheerios!

Casey's trio said...

Rachel,

Try the discount code: FUNKYME
Hope that works!

Gallagators said...

awww! what a special day! I love their shirts!!

My name is Tammie said...

Woo hooo!!!! Sooo, how was it? Fun? Nervous? Excited? I am so excited for the kids first day I cant hardly stand it. Your shit idea was fantastic. What a smart mom you are. Are they going to wear those all week or just today?

I am so excited for your girls. I bet they loved every minute of school.

Casey's trio said...

Okay Tammie...I am cracking up over your freudian-typo comment ...."your shit idea was fantastic." Yep, I've had lots of shit ideas in my lifetime..LOL

I am going to have the girls wear the shirts again tomorrow. I'm hoping day #2 goes just as well:)

~Denise~ said...

Wow, preschool! What fun! Love, love, love the t-shirts. Glad that first day went well.

WheresMyAngels said...

If I was their teacher I would be buying them shirt like that so I could tell them apart. Too cute!

Jessica said...

Wow..They look so grown up in those pics..Tearing up Auntie. I knew they would love it. You are raising some beautiful, independent girls:). Love the shirts too!

Amanda said...

They are SOOOO adorable! I'm sure they must be the most popular girls in class.

Kelly said...

Love the shirts. I am glad they had fun. Going a few days a week is something Jenna loves. I know they will too!

Helene said...

That's awesome that they had such a wonderful 1st day at preschool! I love the t-shirts!!!!! What a great idea!!!

Crystal said...

LOve the shirts!! What a good idea!!

heatherc11 said...

Hi!
I noticed that one of your children has a peanut allergy. I just wanted to let you know about my new website, www.spewdfree.com

My son has multiple food allergies and so the site is dedicated to allergen free cooking.
Thanks!

Laurie said...

I am glad they liked their first day. What did mom do with time alone???

The shirts are so cute and a great idea!!!

Mine little one starts preschool on Wed. I am so excited for her. this is all she talks about.

Kim said...

I'm glad to see their 1st day went well. My girls start next Thursday. I'm not worried about them it's me, I'll probably be a mess! lol! The t-shirts are a great idea.