The girls are starting a 2-day a week preschool program next week and today we went to visit the school so the girls could meet their teacher and participate in some of the activities. This will be a big transition for all of us and I really think the girls are going to love going to school.
The girls were able to paint, color, listen to music, listen to a story and play outside with the other children today. They LOVE the outside play area. Riley calls it "the park." They have lots of equipment to climb on, a huge playhouse, and lots of grass and trees. For the most part, the girls participated in all the activities while I sat back and observed.
Of course, it will take awhile for the teachers to figure out who is who and the girls aren't always much help. They won't always say their name when they are asked and if they do respond they often say their nickname, which will just confuse the adults more. What do you think they would make out of "sissy-bear" (what Makena calls Alyssa)? I was watching the teachers confidently calling Alyssa--"Makena" because when they asked her if that was her name she nodded her head yes. But I'll solve that problem! I already have personalized t-shirts for the girls with their names printed on them for the first day.
After we left the school, I gave the girls a quick snack before we headed over to another appointment. The next thing I knew, the girls had their carrots shoved up their noses and I could hear them trying to forcefully blow the carrots out of their noses. If I wasn't driving, I would have taken a video of it, but I did snap a few quick pictures.
Do you think their preschool teacher would be impressed?
Miss Makena
Miss Alyssa
Miss Riley







15 comments:
That is hysterical! Most clever girls! They are going to have a blast in preschool.
Too cute...love the carrot pics!
Casey, I must tell you that I am always excited when you have a new post because I am bound to laugh out loud. Just what I need first thing in the morning! Thanks!
Great idea on the shirts, BTW!
That is awesome, so funny. LOL! I love the named tee-shirt idea. I am going to have to remember that one. My kids are not alike at all and people usually get Claire but they have problem with the boys.
They will love preschool and you will too! Keep us posted and post pictures of first day! How exciting! Pam
Jenna has been going to one since 18 months and loves it. Now she goes three days a week. And yes, I AM IMPRESSED! ;o)
hahaha! carrots up their noses...too funny!
This is hilarious........3 booger carrots. Yummy. My boys say their name is their nickname too.
Holy Freaking Cow.. I cannot believe they are 3!!! Casey, where has the time gone???? School sounds awesome. Man, do I have a lot of questions for you (on the topic).
Love you guys! Can't wait to see you Friday!
XOXO
Gen
That is so funny.
thanks for stopping by and saying hi today at Trash Towers.
watch out haha
the next thing might be skittles.
or M&M's or anything little.
i been there and 3 hours trying to get the things out just didnt work.
xD so the 3 hours passed and we had to take her to the hospital.
and the idea with the shirts.
is pretty smart. xD
in no time though there gonna start tricking there teachers haha
Too funny. I hope they enjoy preschool! I can tell which one is Alyssa, but I can't ever tell Makena and Riley apart. Your posts always make me laugh as well.
That whole post I was thinking: This really helps me get prepared for preschool! I'm pumped! Until... I saw the carrots in the nose. Because I KNOW that'll be MY kids ramming vegetables into their brains.
I'm thinking of trying to call tomorrow to get the teachers to meet the girls. They haven't seen them yet (and I haven't seen the teachers) and I think that's kind of a big deal, am I right? We start on Tuesday (it's T/Th). Yippee!!!!!!
They definitely look ready for school with those carrots!
Hysterical! Your girls are too funny. I am so happy to hear they enjoyed their first trip to preschool. We are starting to think that route within the next 6 months. Hopefully I can learn all the good stuff from you :)
Post a Comment