Saturday, November 29, 2008

The search is on...

The girls are looking for Santa. Everywhere we go they ask for him.
Where is Santa Ca-laus (as Makena likes to pronounce it)? They are so excited by all the Christmas decorations. It really is fun to hear the excitement in their voices this year.

Last night we were driving home from a Christmas tree lighting event in our community and the girls were little chatterboxes in the backseat pointing out everything they saw.

Yelling out "Hi Christmas lights" was all we could hear.

And then something magical happened.

Makena said, "One, Two, Three" and then in unison they all shouted "Hi Christmas lights." It was really cute.

So I'm hopeful that we might get a good picture of the girls with Santa this year. A picture where Steve and I don't have to sit with them on Santa's lap to keep them from running away. And I am going to enjoy all of their innocent excitement.

From what I hear, this is the last year of innocence before the commercialism of Christmas sets in and they start asking for specific items from Santa.

Cause as it stands right now, they don't have a care in the world. Except to find the jolly ole guy himself.


18 comments:

loren said...

Okay, this makes me want to give pics with Santa another shot. I just feel terrible for the poor old guy having to sit there while kids are screaming on his lap.

Jaysi said...

That is super sweet!! I really love the holidays. It is such a magical time.

Cammie said...

you are lucky....Mine is very insistant that she will NOT be sitting on Santa's lap this year....and the other one has made his very detiled list of "wants"

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

How sweet! I hope they sit on his lap without tears.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am not brave enough to take the little ones to see santa this year, i have a feeling they would completely freak out!

Mary Franks said...

Wait until they are all 16 and ask for cars. LOL (What I'm going through right now with Jordan)... Hopefully they like Santa this year, my grandson says that's not Santa that's Chritmas when he sees him... Merry Christmas to you all

My name is Tammie said...

I love this year too. It all seems so magical and happy. I hope we manage a nice Santa pic this year but I dont hold much hope for it.

girlytwins said...

So funny. We too have Santa hunters. They wanna know when he is coming to visit. They keep asking when Santa is coming over LOL. However I don't think if he actually showed up they would be as happy to see him. :)

Somehow they know he is bringing them presents. They keep asking for a trampoline...which they most likely are not getting. Bad Santa :)

Jen said...

that is just so cute. Hayden was totally noticing all the lights tonight on the way home.

tiarastantrums said...

this is so cute!!

Tabitha Blue said...

Aww, that is just so sweet and so wonderful! It's so great to see true excitement! Love it!

Shannon said...

I just love it. Christmas is such a magical holiday. Let's just try to soak it all up! Looks like you are doing a great job so far.

Claremont First Ward said...

How cute......the picture and the search~! I have a feeling you'll get a fabulous picture of the girls with santa.

Michelle said...

Kids make the Christmas season so much fun. Mine however were always afraid of Santa. Something I'm sure they inherited from me. :)

He still sort of scares me!

Kelly said...

Go here: elfontheshelf.com Ours is on its way!

Heather said...

This Christmas is going to be the best! My daughter calls everything Santa - Christmas lights, snowmen, any man with a grey beard.

Jaime said...

Sooo cute! My girls are loving all of the lights! I think Santa will scare them though...we'll see!

Pam said...

You will truly enjoy everything about the Christmas season this year, they are at such a fun age. The girls are just so cute and I know you'll are enjoying every minute of them! Thanks for sharing! A friend in East Texas, Pam.