Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight...The Movie

I escaped the house on Friday night and went to see Twilight with my SIL and a group of friends. And yes, we were the oldest people in the theater. The other group of moms that were there sat in the row behind us. We laughed at the teenagers screaming when Edward came on the screen and the shrill catcalls of "I love you Edward" that happened throughout the movie. Ahhh, to be 13 again!

The movie was okay. The girl who played Bella actually got on my nerves. My favorite aspect of the movie was watching the entire Cullen family. I loved seeing them come to life from what I had imagined in the book.

Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

26 comments:

Cammie said...

I saw it this weekend as well, and I screamed I LOVE YOU EDWARD....and Im 32.
heehee

Cammie said...

I should probably introduce myself....my name is Cammie and I have been stalking your blog for oh, about 6 months maybe....think I linked to you through Steece's blog....and I think your girls have a bday very close to mine(5/15/06)
oh, and I love Edward...in case you missed that.....

Frizzy said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day. Your girls are adorable. I can't wait to see this movie. I'm dragging my hubby to see it tonight.

Mandy said...

Saw it and loved it. Tomorrow I will have my why's on my blog. And yeah, there was a lot of screaming in our theater it cracked me up!

Ashley said...

I really liked the movie though I had my doubts about both of the actors beforehand. I just don't like how in every interview they had it seems like they just can't keep their fingers out of their hair. Weird... but I really loved the movie. The Cullens were definitely the best part. There was a huge collective gasp when Edward appeared on screen. Ha!

Claremont First Ward said...

I went in with low expectations so I wasn't disappointed, but I didn't love it. I wouldn't watch it again. So many characters BUGGED me. Jasper seemed petrified all the time, Rosalee didn't meet my image at all, Jacob seemed ill cast, and Bella seemed more "hard" than sweet like Bella in the movie to me.

Anonymous said...

I loved it! I saw it at midnight with a billion other college girls in twilight themed shirts and it was fabulous! I can't wait to see it again!

Kelly said...

I saw it and nothing ever lives up to my imagination. Edward looked hot sometimes and weird sometimes. The special effects and some of the acting left a lot to be desired. All that to say, I went with nine friends and we all want to see the other movies anyway if they make them. (Some were older than me and some were younger).

Kelly said...

Yeah, what was up w/Jasper?!?!

Rebecca said...

It is an addiction...I could have been the worst acting and ugliest people, and I still would have loved it! It is TWILIGHT!!! What's not to love!

Laura said...

I loved the movie. I never expected anything amazing as it was a low budget film. I think they cast it well and I enjoyed seeing it come to life. It's amazing to read all the different opinions.

We had plenty of older women there with us, which helped it not be so silly.

debi9kids said...

I have heard the same type of reviews... that it was "ok". That's the problem with taking a great book and making it into a movie, isn't it? Very rarely do film makers do a book justice :(

Jessica said...

I am only half way through the book. Maybe I can find a teenage girl to go to the movie with me.

Jen said...

I have decided not to see the movie, not yet any way.

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

I am so glad you and some of your readers saw the movie first so I can get your opinions! I have mostly been disappointed in movies made from really great novels so I am hesitant. I did hear from my daughter that the movie was loud with pre-teens! I am glad to know you liked it!

Jaime said...

I liked it. I hadn't read the books beforehand. I just started reading them. My biggest complaint would be Bella's teeth. They were very distracting to me!! (I'm weird, I know...)

xyz said...

I HATED it. I felt it didn't stack up to the books as well. I think that the only way one can like it is to pretend it had nothing to do with the books whatsoever.
For those who haven't read the books, I think it's a pretty good movie but maybe a bit hard to follow and understand.
Me, I'll stick with the books.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I had decided going into it that I would not compare the movie to the book. How can anyone ya know? You have 550 pages and your imagination vs. 2 hours. But hey, it was good for what it was.

Carrie and Jim said...

I really liked it. I think those who read the books will get more enjoyment from it. I liked the characters, did like how they placed random things in the movie that were not in the book. The one thing people need to remember is the budget for the film. If this series survives the box office they will only get better. The more money the better the movie.

I didn't scream but I will admit I was excited to be there on opening night!

WheresMyAngels said...

I might see it tomorrow, I'm not real excited about it. I might take my 16 year old, she will probably like it.

Mary Franks said...

OMG I loved the movie, I loved Kristen Stewart and I just loved the whole thing. I made my friend go with me and she hadn't read the book so I loaned her mine. I actually am going to go see it again with my DIL... I can't wait for the next one.

Rebecca Jo said...

Yeah - I'll admit it - I'm 36 & I too screamed when Edward came on.... actually screamed louder when Charlisle came on.... So i got wrapped in my teenage days... it was good for the soul.

Yeah - not a Kristen Stewart fan... but Robert Pattinson made up for it....

Julie said...

Yeah, I'm definitely going through my second teenager-hood here. All the women where I work are obsessed with it, and they're hardly teenagers either. Edward's just the perfect man, except for that whole wanting to kill her thing. They all have their faults.

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

I did see it! It was the same in our theatre too...with all the teens giggling all the time. Too funny! Honestly, I was really disappointed by the movie. I thought it was kind of cheesy and not at all as good as the book. I will go see the next one of course, but I hope it gets a little better....

Kelly said...

I LOVE the books!! LOVE THEM! I went into the movie with low expectations and I'm glad because it was what I thought it would be. That being said, I will see it again later with other friends and buy it when it comes out on DVD! ;) I'm 28 by the way. Oh, and Jasper and Rosalie aren't ANYTHING like I pictured them to be! Everyone else was pretty good I guess. I've never commented on your blog before but leave it to a Twilight topic to get me to do it!

Stacey said...

OK, I'm a month and a half late, but I had to share my opinion. I love the books. Love, love, love them. My GF and I went to see the movie a week after it came out and, luckily, got an empty theater (there were only 6 people total when it finally started). For the first half of the movie, I kept going "that's not how it went!" or "He/She didn't say that, so-and-so did!" It nearly ruined the movie for me. But then I let go and enjoyed the movie for how it was made. We went back the following week and saw it again. LOL.