Sunday, November 16, 2008

Who drugged the chickens?

We have a local Farmer's Market right down the road from us and I took the girls there a couple of weeks ago to check out their pumpkin patch and cornmaze. I was thrilled when I saw that they also had a petting zoo. The girls *love* animals.

After we pushed our way past the Llama that wanted to eat my children, we found the chickens in the back corner. I swear the chickens must have been drugged because they totally didn't care that my children manhandled them for a good 5 mintues. Don't chickens usually try to scratch your eyes out trying to get away from you?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally hilarious! Who drugged the chickens???? LOL

Laura said...

Those are some amazingly tame chickens! I love the girls shirt, where did you get them?

I can't believe how big our girls are getting, mine bigger even than yours!

Jen said...

I always thought so too but good thing they didn't because you have had 3 screaming girls to deal with and a fear of chickens.

Michele S said...

Chickens are mean! I can't believe they let them hold them like that. Wow!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

haha, love the title. who drugged the chickens? heehee. i totally thought chickens were crazy and mean too...maybe they were just happy chickens? as for the llama...do tell!

My name is Tammie said...

OMG they are chicken whisperers!!!! Cute ones at that.

girlytwins said...

Maybe they just finally gave up after hours of manhandling by all the other children :)

That is a super cute picture and lucky for you those chickens were less than chicken like.

Mandy said...

Llama's eating your children...too funny. Yeah, that is odd the chickens were that calm!

Jessica said...

That does seem really tame for chickens. Remember when a chicken jumped on my head in high school when I went out to get the eggs from the chicken coop at my dad's..

The Microblogologist said...

In all my years of visiting the family farm about once a year growing up the chickens never let us get close enough to even think about holding them! I wonder what they are on...

tiarastantrums said...

where are you that you can still wear shorts???????

Live.Love.Eat said...

I would have loved to hold them especially when they're like that.

Anonymous said...

Love the post. And I guess, drugged chickens are better than syco ones.

WheresMyAngels said...

No way, that is so cool! I should try drugging some chickens sometime!

It's your SITS day! Woo Hoo

Bramblemoon Farm said...

That is weird! They don't look like regular ole white chickens though, they might be a type that is nice. BAHAHAHA

Suzann said...

Oh my! It does look like something is seriously wrong with those chickens. LOL

Mikki Black said...

I love the bit about the man-eating llama! As to the chickens... I'm just impressed that your girls will touch them! My son runs screaming from pointy animals.... -sigh- ...and he's 9.

PS Congrats on your SITS feature! Nice to meet you.

Kim said...

Aww...they were nice chickens!!!

Pamela said...

We have chickens who've been man-handled from day 1. They learn to put up with it. We have 1 that squacks and flaps, so we don't pick her up as much and thus, she's less friendly. Those hens must be handled so often, they're totally used to it.

The Joynes Girls said...

Wow! And nobody got hurt? You are right, someone had to have drugged those little guys. (The chickens, not the kids.)

The Joynes Girls said...

Wow! And nobody got hurt? You are right, someone had to have drugged those little guys. (The chickens, not the kids.)

Shannon said...

Yes...they do. My dad had chickens on his farm and it is near impossible to catch them. THose chickens must have been drugged, or they are just sick of fighting.